2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Profiling in action.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 10:28 PM
Default Profiling in action.

I was driving my 95' GS in between an suv and a minivan(in single-file) the other day, we were traveling about 65mph in a 50mph zone, when Watervilles finest pulled in behind the minivan. The officer waited for the minivan to turn off into a parking lot, then he came up on me and gave me the strobes. I was the only one pulled over for speeding while the cars surrounding me were let go. I ask the cop "so why me?" and he repied "You were the one i happened to catch on radar." (So i was the one he pointed his laser at...) Needless to say he slapped me with a $150 fine for exessive speed.... Im visiting the district attourney tomorrow, hopefully to settle this one out of court.[:@]

Old 08-27-2004, 10:29 PM
Default RE: Profiling in action.

good luck with that one, seriously, cause from experience it usually doesnt happen, cops word against yours, ya know

Old 08-28-2004, 04:28 PM

Yeah its the cops word against yours it ususally never happens, so I wouldn't even try it could make it worse.

Old 08-28-2004, 08:11 PM

Honesty is the best policy, and the D.A. is usually pretty understanding, so hopefully it won't have to go into the court. This would be my first offense on my record, so i'd settle for community service to wipe it from my record. Scraping roadkill off the pavement with a spatula for an afternoon beats paying $210 of my hard-earned money fo a ticket... Wish me luck.

Old 08-29-2004, 06:33 PM

ok the man speaks the truth. last night while hanging out with the guys from my car club we witnessed a race on the cruise strip. it was two smaller nissan trucks. a cop saw this and did nothing about it. if it would have been 1 of the 4 eclipses or the other imports, hell even the bike in the club we would have gone to jail. this sport compact profilling is way out of hand and it needs to stop. my opinion is the pigs are mad is because our cars are faster and better looking than what the drive when they are off duty. in the words of N.W.A- **** the police.

Old 08-29-2004, 07:10 PM

hell yea, i was driving down the main street in my city, well i had to speed up to get around a slow moving soccer mom, speed limit is 45, so i speed up to about 50 to get in the other lane, plenty of room, and out of nowhere this cop pulls in behind me and tails me for like 6 miles, what pisses me off is you cant do **** about it. they harass you like this and when your honest to someone about it all they say is its your own fault you sped up in front of him, well i say thats complete BULL****, how often do you hear things like dont use your cell phone while driving, and then you pull up next to a cop and hes paying more attention to the person on his phone than anything else, but when you do it they follow you waiting for you to do something stupid or untill you cross city limits.

Old 08-30-2004, 12:01 PM

Word, I noticed there will always be a cop who wants to be an ***, no matter how respectful to them you are, they will continue to treat you like a punk. The thing is, not all of us are illegal street racers, some of us are simply car enthusiasts, but when cops see us, they immediatly think we are up to something. (Sometimes I am... but they can't prove it)

Old 08-30-2004, 02:28 PM

yea, its like they see those street racing shows on tv and think well i cant be a cop in cali or florida or in any of those states where it really is a problem, so they try and turn it into a problem where it isnt one, which just gives everyone around there who isnt a street racer a bad name, cause people see these kids in their riced out cars and think oh theres another little punk with to much money and nothin to do.

Old 09-01-2004, 02:14 AM

damn straight. cops are dicks. the bigger our car club gets the harder the cops watch and give us ****.

Old 09-01-2004, 05:35 PM

i guess you could all say i have it easy.. in Green Bay they are busting people hard core for exhaust.. but when a cop sees that i am a female.. he looks smiles and keeps on driving.. bu the other night wheni had a guy driving my car.. he busted himfor my exhaust.. like he was waiting for a dude to drive... messeed up shizzel...

Quick Reply: Profiling in action.