Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/)
-   -   question about key less entry (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/question-about-key-less-entry-26135/)

saxonp4 03-09-2008 07:08 PM

question about key less entry

i have a 98 eclipse gs, with the factory keyless entry. my lock/unlock button works fine on the remote, but my hatch release button does not work at all, along with my panic button. if i press and hold my lock/unlock then my alarm will sound. but what can be done to allow the rear hatch to work from the keyless remote?

tjbiker031 03-09-2008 07:12 PM

RE: question about key less entry

do you have the stock remote or aftermarket, cuz far as i know the factory remote doesnt have a hatch button.

darknigh7th 03-09-2008 07:16 PM

well at least your doors unlock, the one I have, it unlocks my passenger side door but that door handle is broken off, it tries to pop my drivers side, but it doesn't.

saxonp4 03-09-2008 07:16 PM

well, i bought the car used and it came with the same remote that i have today. so it may be aftermarket. if it is, and the stock ones dont have the button, then thatll explain why. but is there any way to activate the rear hatch for remote entry

saxonp4 03-09-2008 07:17 PM

lol, yeah i guess i am thinkful for that. mine work perfect!

darknigh7th 03-09-2008 08:00 PM

well i just yell ****ing dsm... i'm just waiting for my drivers side to break off and i'll start climbinb in through the hatch.

shreff99 03-09-2008 08:04 PM

Someone probably lost the "original" key f.o.b. (proper term for "remote") and programmed that one...The one you have is not the original f.o.b...There is no hatch button on the original ones..There is a lever on the driver's side floor and also the key lock on the back of the hatch are the only ways to unlock that hatch...There is no power lock motor in the hatch so there is no way to activate that button so it's there for decoration LOL....To reprogram your key f.o.b., put the key in the ignition and without turning the car on, cycle it back and forth from the "off" position to the "on" position about 8 times and then press the "lock" button on the f.o.b...You should hear the locks move or lock and unlock and that's how you know it's programmed...Try that.

darknigh7th 03-09-2008 08:20 PM

yeah it's really easy, mine works.. halfway lol.

saxonp4 03-09-2008 09:02 PM

yeah, that worked, but it took some trial and error, you have to do it really quick. but if worked, thanks a lot!

shreff99 03-10-2008 11:09 AM

Glad to be a help.