2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

RATTLING WINDOWS

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Default RATTLING WINDOWS

ok, last thing i need to know on my son's 95 eclipse.
driver side window rattles mercylessly every time we shut the door. it's like something's totally loose in window guides, or something.
we are planning on long weekend repairs - swap oil pan, bumper, headlights, might as well take care of this too. window moves back and for a lot. anyone had same problem and knows the cure? or they are just made that way, as both windows do same?

Old 07-01-2008, 09:53 PM
Default RE: RATTLING WINDOWS

the window on my spider has a rattle sound but not like you are explaing. sounds like the track bolts are loose to me.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:03 PM

roll window down.take off door panel. take out speaker. inside the speaker hole to the right ull c the track. on this track ull c a brass bracket. thats ur problem

Old 07-01-2008, 10:03 PM

Click herethis may help alot, the pic are gone but it should explain what to do.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:48 AM

yea thats a normal thing to have on an eclipse. there's a plastic piece thats inserted into that metal bracket he mentioned, all you need to do is get a pair of pliers and (without breaking the window of course) squeeze that bracket a little tighter onto the window and that should help a lot

Old 07-02-2008, 07:35 PM

ORIGINAL: itsme71190

roll window down.take off door panel. take out speaker. inside the speaker hole to the right ull c the track. on this track ull c a brass bracket. thats ur problem
That is correct. That part receives the most vibration for obvious reason and thus, it will loosen and rattle.
Here's a how-to on removing the door panel. It's a bit easier on the eyes... Door Removal.

Here's a real good how-to from D S M T a l k.
You will have to type that in the address bar (substituting the asterisks) ... or not, I just tested the link and it comes up just fine ... weird.

Old 07-06-2008, 02:17 PM

yeah my spyder window rattles a lot too...i took off the panel and everything was alrite. cant do anything about it

Old 07-08-2008, 04:28 PM

trust me i have the same prollem. i got if fixed at an auto repair place when i couldnt get it to stay myself and it still rattles

Old 07-08-2008, 06:07 PM

ORIGINAL: 757eclipse

trust me i have the same prollem. i got if fixed at an auto repair place when i couldnt get it to stay myself and it still rattles
Try the things listed above and you should have better luck. Don't leave it up to a shop. Most of us have done it ourselves and have had no issues.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:16 PM

Wow... i didnt think that could be fix! thnx for the link... im also gonna try the foam suggestion this guy gives there

Quick Reply: RATTLING WINDOWS