2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

RS SWAP WITH THE GS MOTOR??

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 08:45 PM
Default RS SWAP WITH THE GS MOTOR??

have any of you guys had the RS model eclipse and swaped the motor with the gs-t motor if so what did you have to do to make it fit.

Old 10-30-2005, 09:26 PM
Default RE: RS SWAP WITH THE GS MOTOR??

Honestly... I dont think anyone has really done it, 2g nt.com is the largest collection of car enthuists who drive and mod the rs/gs. Out of 8000 members no one has done the swap. Its much cheaper to turbo the 420a and less work then to swap the motors.

Old 10-31-2005, 12:54 AM

you know....you can ask more than one question in a topic. theres no sense in starting 5 different topics. and please tell me that you are not asking if you can put the 4G63t engine into the n/t eclipse. as i can see that you don't know how to search....i did it for you. https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_31841/tm.htm

Old 10-31-2005, 02:29 AM

YA Sanguinius do you really know about cars or to you just talk out your ***!!!! The 4g63-T head will fit on the 4g64 they are both from a 91' so they are simmiler!! So i've been on this site for a week or so and everytime someone brings up a motor swap or any dramastic change to there car someone always talks **** and its quite old. Yes it is possible to do the head swap and yes it is possible to TO THE MOTOR SWAP, WHAT I WAS ASKING WAS HAS ANYONE ON HEAR DONE THE SWAP TO SEE HOW DIFICOLT IT IS. BUT AS I SEE YOU GUYS (MOST OF YOU NOT ALL) JUST LIKE TO DO BOLT ON HORSE POWER. SO YOU GUYS SHOULD HAVE JUST BOUGHT A CIVIC. THE REASON WHY IM DOIN MY SWAP IS TO ACTULLY PUT POWER IN TO MY CAR INTERNAL AS WELL AS EXTERNAL. FOR YOU GUYS OUT THERE THAT WANT TO DO THE SWAP JUST GO WITH A DO IT, DO NOT LET ALL THESE FAST IN THE FERIOUS GUY'S TALK YOU OUT OF IT, ALL THEY DO IS BUY NEW CARS PUT RIMS ON THEM EXHAUST,INTAKE,BOV AND THINK THERE **** ROCKS. SORRY WRONG THERE'S MORE TO IT THAN THAT. THE 4g63-t 6 bolt is way better than you neon motor homes so do the swap. Oh google does not answer everything

Old 10-31-2005, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

And nice to know that you AT LEAST know how to cut and paste. How about getting lost or something. What can't think of ANYTHING new to say in a thread that I didn't even BOTHER to post in until now? How are you going to say something to me in THIS thread. GAWD I'm SO done answering your questions you lazy #$%*.

Old 10-31-2005, 09:54 AM

Ya i know nothing about cars either all I do is bolt ons so I will just say it now im a civic lover at heart. since you know I "didnt" do any work on this car at all. even though I a whole summer doing a hand full off serious mods to it at Newenglandspeed shop where I work with my buddy. we made that car hitting 11s and 1.8 60fts but you know that was just bolt ons[:-] oh and by the way we painted the car and did all the body work as well

when you ask questions like this you will get reponces like you have been. next time at least tell us the year cars your working with that is why I was arguing with you in prior posts I though you were talking 2000+ 4G64.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3652/E11BA2EA173F4613AC636F4059C826CE.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3652/35C6B3B13A6F4DA6AD28A1827040080F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-31-2005, 10:34 AM

ORIGINAL: frakinstine

YA Sanguinius do you really know about cars or to you just talk out your ***!!!! The 4g63-T head will fit on the 4g64 they are both from a 91' so they are simmiler!! So i've been on this site for a week or so and everytime someone brings up a motor swap or any dramastic change to there car someone always talks **** and its quite old. Yes it is possible to do the head swap and yes it is possible to TO THE MOTOR SWAP, WHAT I WAS ASKING WAS HAS ANYONE ON HEAR DONE THE SWAP TO SEE HOW DIFICOLT IT IS. BUT AS I SEE YOU GUYS (MOST OF YOU NOT ALL) JUST LIKE TO DO BOLT ON HORSE POWER. SO YOU GUYS SHOULD HAVE JUST BOUGHT A CIVIC. THE REASON WHY IM DOIN MY SWAP IS TO ACTULLY PUT POWER IN TO MY CAR INTERNAL AS WELL AS EXTERNAL. FOR YOU GUYS OUT THERE THAT WANT TO DO THE SWAP JUST GO WITH A DO IT, DO NOT LET ALL THESE FAST IN THE FERIOUS GUY'S TALK YOU OUT OF IT, ALL THEY DO IS BUY NEW CARS PUT RIMS ON THEM EXHAUST,INTAKE,BOV AND THINK THERE **** ROCKS. SORRY WRONG THERE'S MORE TO IT THAN THAT. THE 4g63-t 6 bolt is way better than you neon motor homes so do the swap. Oh google does not answer everything
frakinstine...do you really think we are going to take you serious when you can't even spell difficult?

obviously, you think you have a civic that you can just swap any engine into. why not grow some ***** and build the engine that you have?

maybe you should try searching...here i did it for you.

http://www.mitsubishi-forums.com/t84...-in-2g-n-t.htm
http://www.2gnt.com/nuke/modules.php...ries=General#8

and one more question, since when did a 1G eclipse come with a 4G64? the 4G64 didn't show up in an eclipse until '97.

Old 10-31-2005, 11:23 AM

the years he is working on is ovious and has been tolf if the orginal post was made by saying he wanted to know if a 420a to 4g63 swap has been done well 95-99 are the only years that support the 420a correct me if im wrong but i dont think 2000+ usues the 420a.

Old 10-31-2005, 11:39 AM

So i've been on this site for a week or so and everytime someone brings up a motor swap or any dramastic change to there car someone always talks **** and its quite old.

ALL THEY DO IS BUY NEW CARS PUT RIMS ON THEM EXHAUST,INTAKE,BOV AND THINK THERE **** ROCKS. SORRY WRONG THERE'S MORE TO IT THAN THAT.

THE 4g63-t 6 bolt is way better than you neon motor homes so do the swap. Oh google does not answer everything

How many 2g nt's have 4g63's in them? If the swap was easy and cost effective it would be done more often.

For bolt ons... Sometimes thats all people can afford to do, theres more to life than cars. I have a **** load of boltons and I know my car is not the **** and i know its slow.... thus SLOW420a.

The 4g63t is better than a 420a.... DRRRR no ****. Thats like compairing a diamond to a turd. To get a turbo kit for the 420a is more cost effictive and less time consuming than to swap the motors. With 15k I could drop a ls1 into my car, but for the 1/4 mile time I would get I could spend 7k and get something just as fast.

The thing is if your looking around this site for performance your a dumbass. Plain and simple there is much more knowlage at dsm tuners.com, v faq.com, dsmtalk.com, and 2g nt.com. GO ahead to 2g nt.com and post about the swap and see what those mean fu3kers say to your ***.

Old 10-31-2005, 11:44 AM

Whats up guy's have any of you ran 19's on you eclipse and if so how low was your car?
Man I hate those fast and the ferious kids that get some rims and a bunch of blot ons..

If you truly want performance get smaller rims, low profiles are good for traction, but we all pull **** out of are asses so getting some tires that are 19x8.5x20 is proly a good idea if your going to build some hp and need traction.

Quick Reply: RS SWAP WITH THE GS MOTOR??