Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/)
-   -   SAFC II (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/safc-ii-15962/)

93eclipsegsx 01-17-2007 12:27 AM

RE: SAFC II

good because you can walk me through tuning the neo then:D

EMonz57 01-17-2007 01:18 AM

seriously it is soooo easy once you get it installed its not even funny... im not sure bot the NEO if it is different or nott

racerx55 01-17-2007 04:03 AM

Im cussing at it.... i can build engines, i can make any computer work be it widnows, linux whatever version, i can fix anything on a car but i started cussing at the AFC and came back in the house. I amaze myself at how dumb i can be some days. ill try again tomorrow when my brain will hopefully work beyond a 2 year old level.[&o]i just know it was idleing, i changed something it poured a huge cloud of black smoke & stalled so i left it sit in the garage. i worked 12 hours today and im the foreman so my brain is beyond overloaded when i get home.[&:]

TheEngineer 01-17-2007 09:22 AM

yea i would look at that RRE site, because even if the actual tune itself on there is no help (which my guess is the case) then at least it tells you exactly what all the settings should be such as sensor type, and car select

TheAdvocate 01-17-2007 09:29 PM

According to emonz you cant do that ;)

I suggest that however.. I dealt with this about 6 months ago, and it was close enough to get my car running so I didnt have to look at it in the garage. Granted you won't want to take it out and be running it as hard as you can, but it will get you by daily driving until you can get it tuned..

93eclipsegsx 01-17-2007 11:58 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

seriously it is soooo easy once you get it installed its not even funny... im not sure bot the NEO if it is different or nott
it adjusts in 50 rpm increments and other stuff but i cant think right now

EMonz57 01-18-2007 01:02 AM

ORIGINAL: TheAdvocate

According to emonz you cant do that ;)

I suggest that however.. I dealt with this about 6 months ago, and it was close enough to get my car running so I didnt have to look at it in the garage. Granted you won't want to take it out and be running it as hard as you can, but it will get you by daily driving until you can get it tuned..
not for permenate use. thye are guiding you on HOW TO TUNE not what to use for a setting. be my guest and borrow anyones tune you want all I am saying is the car will not respond as well and may knock more or less than the other car. Better safe than sorry in my book I like my working motor

racerx55 01-18-2007 05:35 AM

I think i have it tuned pretty good,the A/F ratio isstaying between 10.9 and 11.1 throughout the RPM range.
I'm still a little confused why my airflow sensor is really jumpy at high RPM.. Heres a quick picture i got with my cell phone of the graph with just the Karma display, is this MAF overrun? thats a pull in 3rd gear from about 3500 to 5000 RPM, pretty much right as the turbo spooled up i held it for maybe a second then backed off, but its got a quick drop once it gets up so far.

[IMG]local://upfiles/10240/5B76AFB18E57487FAB5C8EB7FB7EB451.jpg[/IMG]

racerx55 01-18-2007 06:20 AM

Just curious what are your settings advocate,ill compare them to mine, maybe fine tune towards yours and see where it goes. i still have to figure out how the get the deceleration part to cut down the fuel it backfires like crazy when coasting. havent had much time to mess with it.
whats the difference in teh SAFC II and the neo ? Im still new to all this **** but i catch on really fast.
6 months ago was the first time i ever touched a DSM and now evryone comes over to my garage for help since i got mine faster that theirs.:D

TheEngineer 01-18-2007 10:46 AM

well what are your tune percentages and what are your NE points set at. Cuz maybe your not tuning the higher rpms correctly.