2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

SALVAGE TITLE????? help

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Default RE: SALVAGE TITLE????? help

haha that was the point dusty... the "hip and hop" were meant to be just as disturbing... thus painting a very descriptive portrait of my high school math teacher... and also the reason that im glad that that particular class is over

Old 05-23-2007, 09:40 PM

it took about 2 months for me to my title on the eclipse. dealers are just slow as hell sometimes. and a little off subject, there is a skyline driving around where we live. one of my friends talked to the dude who owns it. he is a redneck named tex, lol.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:43 PM

well guys, this dealer is a small used car dealership in orange county called Focus Auto Sales. they specialize in high mileage imports. lol

they told me the title was clear/clean. thats why i traded it.
they call me 30 days after i buy the car and tell me it needs to be smogged!!! this was after they told me they had already smogged it 2days before i bought it????

i call them 2months in, and they say oh well the sales contract is good for 90days. so it should be in the mail soon!!!

i call the dmv 4 months in, they recieved the money for the transfer but no paperwork. wtf!!! so the dmv fined the dealership $$$ for that.

called about 30 days ago. and talked to the owner. he said oh yah, and immediately changed the subject to the rx7, how they rebuilt it and stuff like that. never got a straight answer.

now im having my dad handle it. he's owned 3 used corvette dealerships here so he knows whats up!!!

i haven't really looked under the car for damage. but it does pull to the right. and the front right fender is resprayed a crapy metallic red, and doesn't really match. no rust i know how to look for rust.

there is bondo covered up on the roof pillar that comes down to the right front fender. and the front right airbag has ripples in the bottom. like someone cheaply put it back in!!!

that all leads to a front right hand collision!
which makes me think it could possibly have a salvage/reconstructed title!!!

and there are 19 reports on the VIN history that i dont want to pay to view right now.

the whole point is that im hoping for a salvage title, because if it is salvaged, THE DEAL IS OFF. because they didn't disclose that to me!!!! and that makes the vehicles value a lot lower...

as far as everything goes im an insurance agent with AAA so i know pretty much what im doing!

Just wanted some of your guys' opinions!!!

BTW any of you in cali need an insurance quote for auto, home, boat, umbrella, or collector car PM me, AAA is the best company bar none!!!

Old 05-24-2007, 07:35 AM

i would have been all over their *** from the get-go bro... cars from stealerships are nothing to joke around w/... they are so sketchy, they would sell a p.o.s. pinto to a blind man knowing he was gonna kill himself just to make a buck... i would pay to view those 19 reports... that's a lot of reports.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:41 AM

Yea, 19 reports is high. Id check into it.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:58 AM

well guys, found out the car has a lien on the title!!!!

there is some bank believed to be out of state maybe not. with the title.
problem is its either out of business, or going out.

so now i think the stealership is going to make me pay temp. registration fees. on top of the fees i already gave them for that.
NOT GONNA FLY!

second, if he cant provide me the title in a certain amount of time, the deal is off. since im trying to sell the car. i dont even have the title!!!! and neither does he... lol what a mess.

not to mention that who knows if the title is clear or not???? the dealership says it is, but if they havn't seen it. who know?

chances are either some kid had the car, couldn't pay it.
or the kid got into an accident and paid for the car to be fixed, and couldn't pay the loan!!!

Old 05-24-2007, 12:13 PM

told you this was gonna turn into a legal matter. go to the dealership, stand up for yourself, tell them exactly what's goin on w/ you "the car has a lein on it, i was not made aware of this when i purchased the car, you provided false information about it. i want my car back and you can have your car back" etc etc.

Old 05-25-2007, 12:06 AM

well thats what i was planning on doing!!!

Old 05-25-2007, 07:30 AM

good call. let us know how it goes.

Old 05-25-2007, 02:23 PM

Demand your money back now or get a lawyer. I did a Car Fax on my 99 Spyder before I bought it. The ~$20 is a bargain to give yourself peace of mind in the future. A Car Fax would have told you any issue regarding the vehicle. Such as the Lien and possibly an accident.

Unless you are buying a brand new vehicle or a $500 beater, its not worth taking a chance.

Quick Reply: SALVAGE TITLE????? help