2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Scared Of Crankwalk

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Default RE: Scared Of Crankwalk

I never had low oil pressure in mine when I got crankwalk.. It was always pretty high. But I did have the clutch pedal sticking, and the knocking coming from the lower end. My first sign of it was the clutch pedal.. Then the knocking. And it started burning oil really bad when it got worse. Thankfully I was able to rebuild it before I bent/broke and rods or did anymore damage. I personally have only seen it in dsm's with heavier clutches in them around me.. Most stock ones I havnt seen it happen to. But someone made a good point on a topic earlier, a lot of motor problems on the 7 bolts just get blamed on crankwalk. A lot of times people will just say crankwalk and not actually have it.. But its definately not something to never keep an eye on.

Old 01-27-2008, 12:53 PM

doesnt the clutch pedal stick more when your turning a certain direction?

Old 01-27-2008, 01:07 PM

i've only heard of it and actually seen it CONFIRMED like mabey 3 or 4 times... it's not so much something you have to worry about at a stock level or under 300whp but after you get above 350whp on the stock bottom end. That's when i usually hear about it going.

Old 01-27-2008, 01:52 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

ORIGINAL: atown420

-weird startup noise from timing belt area, its a screeching noise
-ticking noise coming from valve cover
-hydraulic fluid completely gone, resulting in my clutch pedal stuck to the floor

there might be more but those are the signs i have heard about
Wow...not even close

-Clutch sticking to the floor (NO loss of fluid) it just sticks sometimes. And not from the carpet making it stick either, haha
-Low oil pressure at idle. Sometimes the oil light will flicker or come on (this is the problem i was starting to see
-main bearing slowely going out of spec (you would have to measure this one)
-Loud knocking from the bottom of the engine (usually is the last thing you hear before you car no longer runs
wow... i had like 3 of them things wrong with my car before it blew up, but it wasnt a car that gets cw... i had the sticking clutch sometimes, i had low oil pressure at idle to the point that my oil light came on, THEN the loud knocking then it blew lol

Old 01-28-2008, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: estraw

doesnt the clutch pedal stick more when your turning a certain direction?
yes when you turn to the left

Old 01-29-2008, 01:53 AM

ok, so when I slow down really fast my oil line comes on for a second and tehn it goes away. is this a sign or do you guys know what else it could be.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:13 AM

i had a crankwalk sound on my car, but it turned out to be that the hermonic balancer split at the rubber, and came out in two, an outer ring and inner ring, so i replaced that and some other part for maintance, and it fixed my check engine light and it ran super after that, and still driving it, runs like a champ.

Old 01-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Banned

You didnt have crankwalk sound.

You had a spun bearing sound....

Old 01-29-2008, 11:35 AM

eh mixed results, but it wasn't crankwalk.

Old 01-29-2008, 11:56 AM

When Mine walked...you could grab the crank and move it half of an inch in either direction...it was bad...

Quick Reply: Scared Of Crankwalk