2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

screw eclipses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 01:13 AM
Default RE: screw eclipses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok i went to the track yeasterday and got a 17.5 but that still sucks but yea the intergar is a 1.8 and it hase the same power and its none vtec

Old 11-27-2005, 01:17 AM

but yea i have fond a 99 honda civic si that i am going to buy that would beat any eclipse gs rs or gst around where i live i didnt even buy the eclipse i have now i got it free

Old 11-27-2005, 01:23 AM

ORIGINAL: 97GSpower

but yea i have fond a 99 honda civic si that i am going to buy that would beat any eclipse gs rs or gst around where i live i didnt even buy the eclipse i have now i got it free
youll regret buying a Si civic I bet. Just like I regret buying a 6G72 GT eclipse before I got my EVO. main reason why I say this is, yes a civic Si would own your RS\GS eclipse but not a GST or GSX because the turbo models need a few hundred dollars in mods and they can really put a hurting on a Si. my buddies Talon with 130K hung with my EVO neck and neck I was stock he had intake 1G BOVUpperIC hard pipe and a cat back exhaust thats it. and I know I walk on Si's hard as hell.

The Si is the only civic I can tollerate at some level, only because in my spyder I got beat by one pretty bad. And It gave a new light to that 4banger vtec BS lol. If you had a choice between the Si and a GSt or GSX take the eclipse I garentee its a better buy if its well kept. not to mention the eclipse would prolly be cheaper than an Si. I have seen some expensives Si's I dont know why anyone would pay so much for them either but thats just me

Old 11-27-2005, 11:49 AM

I agree with ya... For the price the GST or GSX would be a better choice... Ive seen some nice civics that I wouldnt mind having... But overall I would take an eclipse over tha honda anytime if I have a choice..

Old 11-27-2005, 08:47 PM

thats crap....RS/GS is mainly tru considering the GS/RS has 140 n ur Si carries boutw at 160 i think....now against a GS-T, thats bull****...

1) Si lacks alot of TQ, whereas the GS-T, the TQ is basically at the same range as the HP, so a few mods would take it off the line juss like that....u put a few mods on a Si, U'll still lack the TQ...remember HP sells the car, TQ wins the races lol...n no VTEC dont count, aint nuthin good about having Very Tall Engine Coolant LMAO!!!

2) SI is 2-wheels, GSX is 4....now if nebody took a physics class in high school or if ne1 has common sense, the more grip u have u the quicker u can get off the line...therefore U can get the lead in an instant

3) IF YOU CANT RACE AN AUTOMATIC CONVERTIBLE RITE....YTF WOULD U GET SUMTHIN ELSE???? I meen theres people posting better times from a convertible then u!!!

Old 11-27-2005, 08:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Dyno_Man

thats crap....RS/GS is mainly tru considering the GS/RS has 140 n ur Si carries boutw at 160 i think....now against a GS-T, thats bull****...

1) Si lacks alot of TQ, whereas the GS-T, the TQ is basically at the same range as the HP, so a few mods would take it off the line juss like that....u put a few mods on a Si, U'll still lack the TQ...remember HP sells the car, TQ wins the races lol...n no VTEC dont count, aint nuthin good about having Very Tall Engine Coolant LMAO!!!

2) SI is 2-wheels, GSX is 4....now if nebody took a physics class in high school or if ne1 has common sense, the more grip u have u the quicker u can get off the line...therefore U can get the lead in an instant

3) IF YOU CANT RACE AN AUTOMATIC CONVERTIBLE RITE....YTF WOULD U GET SUMTHIN ELSE???? I meen theres people posting better times from a convertible then u!!!

All very true. and a VTEC helps out with some high end push but its is worse than waiting for turbo lag and you dont get much of a boost from it at all. there are guys with GT35rs on DSMs that spool up and get full boost at the same RPMs as a VTEC kicks now a GT35r will get you 600+WHP and a VTEC umm forget it.

all in all here a Civic will be faster they run what 14.8 or so but you mod it and get maybe to the mid\low 14s where a GSt or GSX start at 15.2s and can get to 13s with a few mods. I sounds like you want a fast car so take the advise here and dont but a Civic, even if you dont get a eclipse a civic is worse off

Old 11-27-2005, 09:14 PM

ORIGINAL: 97GSpower

So I went to the track this past weekend and I ran a damn 17.8!!! what's up with that? It wouldn't have been so bad if a damn automatic Integra LS with only an intake and a muffler hadn't beaten me. Mines an intake too but still. I have an intake and a full exhaust and it's a 2.4L and the LS is a 1.8L....anyway Mitsubishi sucks for the size engine they are. Damn 1.8L's beating 2.4L's with less mods...how gay. lol Sorry but Im buying a new car. Going with a hatchback civic with a b18 swap.
that integra is a 1.8 dohc, your sypder is a 2.4 sohc. sometimes that extra cam matters. plus dont feel so bad, my 97 Rs ran a 18.2 my first time at the track. second time i ran a 17 flat. both times ive had the same mods as before. practice driving, and your launches.

Old 11-27-2005, 11:22 PM

If this thread could talk it would ask to die.

Old 11-28-2005, 10:45 AM

dude my eclipse run mid to high 14's and im bone stock yeah u def need to learn to drive it better there guy cuz honda aint gonna do nothing for ya but cost u money...

Old 11-28-2005, 11:18 AM

ORIGINAL: bigwilly8941

dude my eclipse run mid to high 14's and im bone stock yeah u def need to learn to drive it better there guy cuz honda aint gonna do nothing for ya but cost u money...
do you want a cookie?

so you have a gs-t, and this guy has a heavy *** spyder GS....and you are trying to compare the two? do you know anything about the eclipse?

Quick Reply: screw eclipses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!