2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

short problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 11:27 PM
Default short problem

im having hell wit my 95 eclipse gst. i have a short some where but cant find it. ive already tried pulling fuses,light testing and still nothing...if i leave on the terminals it will discharge, i cant even leave on one terminal. i have to take off both of them so it doesnt discharge... so if theres anyone out there who knows something about this please let me know asap...PLEASE!!!!!

Old 03-24-2006, 03:08 AM
Default RE: short problem

first, starting a new thread wont get this one bumped back up to the top, so no ones has any idea what you are talking about. Good thing you only have 2 posts, so the search was easy.

Second, check your stereo. If you have an aftermarket stereo that some duchebag put in, there might be a switch to turn off either the deck or the amp... make sure those are off.

Next, if you disconect the ground(the black one or the minus one), the power cant (and i stress CANT) go anywhere. Its physicly impossible. Electricty dosent work that way.

If after disconecting the black (-)ive lead, you still have problems with a drainied battery... only one answer. Dead Battery. Get a new one... enjoy life.

Old 03-24-2006, 04:05 AM

i tried the radio thing already and it didnt work,but this is something weird....the discharge didnt start happening till this. when i bought the car the interior lights (dash,ac,etc) didnt work,so i got a light tester and found the wire but the thing is the only way it would turn on is for the wire which is positive(black/yellow) to be connected to a ground.... the first time i connected it was to the radio ground and that blew my taillight fuse,so i found another ground wire and connected it and it didnt blow any fuses but thats when my battery started dying,so i disconnected it but my battery is still dying.....whats up with that???and i already installed a new battery,starter,and alternator...

Old 03-24-2006, 09:43 AM

If something dosent work and you dont know exactly what your doing you should bring it to a mechanic rather then connecting random wires. If I were you I would undo what you did and break out the haynes manual(somehting you should always have before you take anyhting apart) and go though the wiring schematics and see what exactly goes where.