2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

So why GS-T and not X?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 12:10 AM
Default So why GS-T and not X?

Hey guys-

I was just sitting here and was wondering for those of you who chose to buy a GS-T over the GSX, what was your reasons? Just curious since we all know that if the GSX launches on mostly any car they pretty much won the race before it even started. When my cousin had his GSX it was like he was the king of Cali, and he only had cat-back, b.o.v. and i believe that was it and all these muscle cars etc, were gettin smoked by him. Are the GS-T's similar because i have not been in one of those, but i know from the launch that the GSX can own cars that cost twice and even tripple the price of it with very little mods. Just curious as to what your reasons were and are there any advantages and disadvantages of either?

Thanks,

Old 01-19-2008, 12:12 AM
Default RE: So why GS-T and not X?

gst is cheaper other than that the advantages of a havin a gst is pretty much so taht you can do burnouts for the girls... thats about it, gsx just plain out owns, especially if you live in a snow-ey region
[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-19-2008, 12:14 AM

ORIGINAL: c577

gst is cheaper other than that the advantages of a havin a gst is pretty much so taht you can do burnouts for the girls... thats about it, gsx just plain out owns, especially if you live in a snow-ey region
[align=left][/align]
Gotcha, thanks,

Old 01-19-2008, 02:45 AM

ORIGINAL: c577

[align=left] [/align]
I couldn't of said it better myself!

Old 01-19-2008, 02:52 AM

I know this is coming so I mught as well just do it

AWD + Turbo = Ownes you
AWD < RWD + Slicks (This is for TE)

Old 01-19-2008, 09:18 AM

one thing the gst has that the gsx doesnt is a better weight issue... it's obviously lighter since it doesnt have a driveshaft, rear diff, etc. ya know? so think about this, if you took a completely stock gst and a completely stock gsx (they both have the same motor, turbo, etc.), in a longer run, the gst would win cause of the better power to weight ratio. But the gsx will beat the gst off the line any day of the week and twice on sunday. make sense?

Old 01-19-2008, 09:38 AM

true but the gsx would still hold the advantage until about the 100mph mark. (it's been done). and also, i'm pretty sure they make a Carbon fiber drive shaft for the GSX to lighten the load.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:41 AM

ORIGINAL: sk8dudety

one thing the gst has that the gsx doesnt is a better weight issue... it's obviously lighter since it doesnt have a driveshaft, rear diff, etc. ya know? so think about this, if you took a completely stock gst and a completely stock gsx (they both have the same motor, turbo, etc.), in a longer run, the gst would win cause of the better power to weight ratio. But the gsx will beat the gst off the line any day of the week and twice on sunday. make sense?
Understood. That makes perfect sense. In fact i remember there was a guy with a GS-T that would hang out with us and my cousin once told me that if the guy with the GS-T were to race his GSX in the 1/4 mile that the GS-T would prolly hunt him down and win at the end, and freeway pulls as well.

Thanks,

Old 01-19-2008, 10:53 AM

in a quarter mile? no way, i'm talkin about runnin a long street race on the freeway lol... noooo way would a gst beat a gsx in the quarter mile

Old 01-19-2008, 12:03 PM

ORIGINAL: sk8dudety

in a quarter mile? no way, i'm talkin about runnin a long street race on the freeway lol... noooo way would a gst beat a gsx in the quarter mile
lol, O.K. I Gotcha now...

Quick Reply: So why GS-T and not X?