2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Somebody Please Help Me Out

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Default Somebody Please Help Me Out

im still have the idle issue, ive replaced the egr valve, iac, pcv, tps, map, maf, put in ngk plugs and wires, i even checked the manual for the firing order to make sure the previous owner didnt have the wires crosses or switched, checked all vacuum lines/hoses, checked motor mounts, poured a bottle of fuel injector cleaner in the tank, basically anything anyone has suggested i check/replace i have done it, and still cant figure it out, went to a local mechanic and he basically suggested all the parts ive already replaced and then said he wouldnt know what else to check, thats one issue right there

the previous owner said there was a new alternator, it appears to be new, but at night while im driving the headlights and interior lights pulse/flicker, today was the first time that the battery light popped on while sitting at a stop light and as soon as i started to accelerate it went off, it never came on completely, it was very dim and it started to brighten up and then thats when the light turned green, would this just be a bad alternator?? i noticed there is a black wire coming from the alternator that is just wrapped around the dipstick and taped off at the end, there is a alarm system installed on the car and one of the wires for it is grounded into the oxygen sensor wire, they installed a turbo timer and i was trying to trace all the wires for it and when i pulled the center console there is a black wire that has been clipped thats coming from the ebrake, the brake light goes on and off as im driving, never have any issues with braking though, there are also gauges installed in the car, i have them unplugged though, the only thing thats hooked up to the battery is the wire for the alarm system, could all that be because they jacked around with the wiring and screwed something, thats issue number 2

all the belts were replaced but they squeal horribly in the morning for a couple minutes, they appear to be pretty tight, i tightened it just a tad more to see if maybe it wasnt tight enough but still no luck with the squeal, issue number 3

there appears to be like a rattle that sounds like its coming from the intake manifold, it comes and goes, its not really loud but its noticeable, its a pretty fast rattle, sounds like a baseball card stuck inside a bike wheel if that helps

i know it seams like alot of stuff, but i pretty much paid nothing for the car, it was really really cheap and i didnt think i could pass it up, someone please help me out, i really wanna get this thing running right

Old 09-17-2009, 07:29 PM

for the idle issue, is your bov recirculated???