2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

standard turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 09:05 PM
Default standard turbo?

Do 1999 manual gst or gsx eclipse come standard with turbo? Do i have to buy a whole turbo kit to turbo my car? Can anyone give me the order in which i should do the following things to this car?

1.Turbo kit
2.Intercooler system
3.Lambo doors
4.sound system
5.Pedals/gauges/shift ****
6.motorized dvd/fm/am/cd setup
7.Blow off valve
8.Exhaust system
9.short shifter
10.window tenting
11.body kit
12.spoiler
13.paint job
14.suspension system
15.Turbo timer-whats a good system?
16.what other cool stuff can i do to this can and what order should i do it in, also where is the cheapest place to buy this stuff? ex. online stores, ebay, classifieds, local dealer?

Old 10-25-2005, 09:15 PM
Default RE: standard turbo?

The GS-ts have a turbo stock.... But an upgrade would be nice

Old 10-25-2005, 09:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Eclipse51

Do 1999 manual gst or gsx eclipse come standard with turbo? Do i have to buy a whole turbo kit to turbo my car? Can anyone give me the order in which i should do the following things to this car?

1.Turbo kit
2.Intercooler system
3.Lambo doors
4.sound system
7.Blow off valve
8.Exhaust system
9.short shifter
10.window tenting
11.body kit
12.spoiler
13.paint job
14.suspension system
16.what other cool stuff can i do to this can and what order should i do it in, also where is the cheapest place to buy this stuff? ex. online stores, ebay, classifieds, local dealer?
first....yes it comes stock with a turbo.

1. no need
2. yes
3. no
4. no
5. no
6. if you want to watch tv
7. not unless you just want to
8. yes....turbo-back
9. yes
10. yes
12. the stock one is fine
13. as long as its red.. LOL
14. JIC/TEIN
15. not really needed.
16. http://www.google.com

Old 10-25-2005, 09:36 PM

Ok but what would be some good turbo upgrades for it? I was more or less asking what are good brands of stuff and what would really have an impact on my car perfromance. The lambo doors, sound system, video screen is all stuff i like to put in, just need input on recommendations on that brands and stuff and everything else on the list please. why do u say the blow if is only if i want to

Old 10-25-2005, 09:58 PM

search around. we have talked about this numerous times.

Old 10-25-2005, 11:59 PM

I was more or less asking ....what would really have an impact on my car perfromance. The lambo doors, sound system, video screen....
Isant it funny how edditing stuff can make something sound so absurd.

Any who, I am mean this with all do respect in trying to help you, you dont know **** about cars. ITs ok tho, we all have to start some where. What you have to fuiger out first is what you want to run 1/4 wise. Stock fuiger 15.00, no new driver is a perfect one. After you fuiger out a time... then we will talk. Take into consideration the new c6 vett runs a 12.8, the new mustang gt runs a 13.9, and a wrx will go 14.5. To be honest a larg amount of what you listed are compleatly useless.

Old 10-26-2005, 12:01 AM

Ok but what would be some good turbo upgrades for it? I was more or less asking what are good brands of stuff and what would really have an impact on my car perfromance. The lambo doors, sound system, video screen is all stuff i like to put in, just need input on recommendations on that brands and stuff and everything else on the list please. why do u say the blow if is only if i want to
OK a good turbo upgrade to start would be a 16G big or small the stock T25 Sux *****. Now you dont "need" a BOV but it is a good idea to get one if you plan on running higher than stock amount of boost. The 2G stock BOV leaks pretty bad from what I understand alot of people go the cheap way and buy a 1G crushed BOV which fills the void well. As far as brand names that is up to you get what you want. I like Apexi, Greddy, HKS ect but they are more expensive, just keep in mind you get what you pay for. Dont be a cheap bastard with a turbo car trying to mod it or you will be very sorry Just dont take shortcuts. As for the screens and Lambo doors they are a total waist of money and I know if I saw Lambo doors id make fun of it (no offense to you or any one here who has\likes them) and the same goes for the body kits and custom paints.

Old 10-26-2005, 12:34 AM

ur right i am rather new to this and i understand you. I'm not talkin bout cutom paint or anything just solid normal (blue,red,greensilver,black) color. I'm getting my license in a 5 months and my eclipse in 1 month and i am gunna use the time to mod my eclipse and i would like to understand what some good mods and upgrades are. thanks for not flamin me! Also if u had to chose between gsx and gst which would u pick and why. For all the accesories that just stuff to make my car different and kool but those can come after the real stuff.how much horsepower can 99' gsx or gst handle?

Old 10-26-2005, 02:12 AM

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

1.Turbo kit
2.Intercooler system
3.Lambo doors
4.sound system
7.Blow off valve
8.Exhaust system
9.short shifter
10.window tenting
11.body kit
12.spoiler
13.paint job
14.suspension system
first....yes it comes stock with a turbo.

1. no need
2. yes
3. no
4. no
5. no
6. if you want to watch tv
7. not unless you just want to
8. yes....turbo-back
9. yes
10. yes
12. the stock one is fine
13. as long as its red.. LOL
14. JIC/TEIN
15. not really needed.
16. http://www.google.com

this just about sums it up. Just follow these reccomendations and if in doubt google.com. These are way too many questions
just pick your favorite three to ask us.

Old 10-26-2005, 10:11 AM

n/m i cant read

Quick Reply: standard turbo?