2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

T28 or evo 16g

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 09:45 PM
Default RE: T28 or evo 16g

ORIGINAL: 1997gsteclipse

Ok I know about how the t28 bolt right up with out no mods which makes it alot easier to do the swap, but for the price you can get the 16g and install kit for it. I dont' have alot of money but i'm the type of person that likes to do stuff right the first time instead of wasting money over and over again. I'm not looking at building just a ungoddly fast car but i do want it to be strong and want it to hold up. To Many people around here with hondas that thank they are cool. It's time to show them they aren't cool or fast! How much boost should my motor be able to hold if i do everything properly as in all the supporting mods such as injectors, Gm maf-t or safc, FMIC to keep things cooled down? When I run higher the grade of fuel actually let it spool higher psi of boost or does it just make everything burn hotter? Which would some of yall recommend with previous use or friends used them or anything; the Gm Maf-t or a SAFC. Thanks alot
with that description of what you want out of the car, the 16G seems to be what you would want.

there is one guy on this forum that had a friend run like 32psi on the stock block(upgraded fuel system) before it blew.

Old 11-29-2005, 09:48 PM

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

Ok I know about how the t28 bolt right up with out no mods which makes it alot easier to do the swap, but for the price you can get the 16g and install kit for it. I dont' have alot of money but i'm the type of person that likes to do stuff right the first time instead of wasting money over and over again. I'm not looking at building just a ungoddly fast car but i do want it to be strong and want it to hold up. To Many people around here with hondas that thank they are cool. It's time to show them they aren't cool or fast! How much boost should my motor be able to hold if i do everything properly as in all the supporting mods such as injectors, Gm maf-t or safc, FMIC to keep things cooled down? When I run higher the grade of fuel actually let it spool higher psi of boost or does it just make everything burn hotter? Which would some of yall recommend with previous use or friends used them or anything; the Gm Maf-t or a SAFC. Thanks alot
with that description of what you want out of the car, the 16G seems to be what you would want.

there is one guy on this forum that had a friend run like 32psi on the stock block(upgraded fuel system) before it blew.
With what turbo a 35r or something?? that is alot of boost

Old 11-30-2005, 01:07 AM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

With what turbo a 35r or something?? that is alot of boost
T04.... here is the thread... https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_26940/..._/tm.htm#26948

Old 11-30-2005, 01:15 PM

Yeah i defintaley dont' care nothing about running 35psi of boost that is just insane. Just waiting for the first of the year to come around get christmas behind me and i will start upgrading more. Will my factory intake still work when i upgrade to the 16g? What about the intercooler piping? I Know i'm going to put a FMIC on it so is there just a kit that will bolt right up the the 16g instead of stock? And is the bigger FMIC actually better for the car or worse. I planned on going with 2.5" pipeing with the big boy b/c i want to feel up the space in the airdam, but if it would be more practical then i could go with the little guy. Thanks alot

Old 11-30-2005, 01:52 PM

the size of an intercooler has nothing to do with how good it is. its all about the efficiency and CFMs of the intercooler.

Old 11-30-2005, 02:01 PM

True but if your running small boost and got big pipeing it can slow you down just teh same as high boost and small pipeing. but 2.5 I think is probaly fine. My buddies RX7 has all 3in pipeing and a 4inch think Front mount and he only runs between 10-12PSI and it is a low low 12 sec car maybe even high 11s not to mention its a 1.3L