2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Talon motor swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 04:20 PM
Default Talon motor swap

Ok, I'm having some trouble, I was reading about the Mitsubishi 4G63T motor on jspecauto.com, I would like to purchase an TSi AWD motor and tranny, however I noticed this:
"To put into non-turbo models you will require FWD 5-Speed transmission, computer and wiring harness from a turbo model."
I recently purchased a 1995 Eagle Talon ESi, Automatic, FWD. I wanted to put the TSi AWD motor in it. They sell the TSi AWD motor w/Automatic transmission. From my previous motor swap experience, this should fit, but all those swaps were with Nissans. Can anyone help me out?

Old 10-19-2005, 05:42 PM
Default RE: Talon motor swap

there is much more that what you have been told first off your car has a motor that is 180 degrees differant thatn the 4g63 so now you are talking about moving motor mounts as well as replacing all the wiring harness under the hood and for the tranny puting an axle in the back rather than the current suspenson oh and a new ecu and pcm. as far as im concerned if u want the AWD that bad sell it and buy a GSX if you just wanta turbo you will save alot of money by rebuilding the motor for a turbo than puting a kit on it.

Old 10-19-2005, 05:53 PM

ORIGINAL: get435

there is much more that what you have been told first off your car has a motor that is 180 degrees differant thatn the 4g63 so now you are talking about moving motor mounts as well as replacing all the wiring harness under the hood and for the tranny puting an axle in the back rather than the current suspenson oh and a new ecu and pcm. as far as im concerned if u want the AWD that bad sell it and buy a GSX if you just wanta turbo you will save alot of money by rebuilding the motor for a turbo than puting a kit on it.
i thought the ESI was already turboed..... as in ESI = GST, TSI = GSX

Old 10-19-2005, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

Why can't they just keep the 3 letters the SAME I mean SERIOUSLY it'd make it ALOT easier for us.

Old 10-19-2005, 06:47 PM

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

nope

Theres a talon DL, 1.8 bottom line car, esi = to the gs, tsi = to the gst, and the tsi awd = to the gsx.

Old 10-19-2005, 06:54 PM

ORIGINAL: slow420a

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

nope

Theres a talon DL, 1.8 bottom line car, esi = to the gs, tsi = to the gst, and the tsi awd = to the gsx.
ahh....didn't know the tsi came in two different models