2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

tensioner pulley!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Default tensioner pulley!!!!

96 Mitsubishi eclipse rs (i know its crap but its my only means of transportation for the next few months) My serpentine belt came off while driving down the high way (happens every now and again) but when i got home as i was loosening the tensioner pulley screw it broke in half, so what the hell am i suppose to do? can i just buy a new tensioner pulley assembly?

Old 09-22-2010, 08:21 PM

Im not 100% sure but if theres any way you can get that bolt out u might just be able to get a bolt that size and put it back in, im not sure if u can thread it completly out of that lil box it threads into

Old 09-22-2010, 08:23 PM

i don't see how i could possibly get that bolt on though it snapped off right at the end of the little box, there's no way i could fit a drill in there, im checking parts stores online but im not finding anything about the tensioner pulley mount? i guess thats what it is

Old 09-22-2010, 09:07 PM

i might have found the part
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0 but that seems extremely expensive for a damn hole that a bolt go's through, if i do buy this though anyone know how id go about replacing it (virtually no room at all to do this)

Old 09-25-2010, 01:51 PM

Geez, thats expensive but its for the whole bracket.....is there anyway to cut a slot in the back of the bolt and maybe get a angled flat head in there????

Old 09-26-2010, 04:04 PM

i dont think there is, i talked to my brother in law he said to get it out of there i'll have to take off the passenger side motormount and possibly the power steering. is the alternator or water pump ran off the serpentine belt on the car or does it just run the ac and power steering?

Old 09-27-2010, 03:05 PM

that belt runs everything , ac ,water pump ,alt , and PS , take a drill and drill in the center and get is as big as you can and get an easy out , that is the only way to do it , unless you can turn it out backwards with pliers that is if you can grab it ,

Old 10-03-2010, 11:33 AM

theres no room for a drill =/ and theres not enough sticking out to fit pliers on it so idk what im gonna do right now im stuck driving my truck and dieing at the gas pump lol

Old 10-04-2010, 10:54 AM
Question one last thing to try

clean the area up ith some good cleaner , 2+2 or brake clean rinse off with water let dry really good , get some epoxy or that liquid steel crap , it does work ,build it up a little bit to do the next step . get a small bolt that will fit on the area of the broken bolt , epoxy it together let it sit for some time , the thing is getting it to stay on there , here is the idea .it is up to you to get it to work or something simular .,just a thought .I did do this , the thing is to get it to stay on that part of the broken bolt on that angle, good luck

Old 10-04-2010, 01:54 PM

If you have a power drill, put it in reverse, and put some sort of bot on it that has a flat end on it. Put some rubber in between the bit and the broken bolt, push real hard and power down on that bitch. Lol don't actualy do that if
You have money to fix it, that's
Just what we use to do in our bike
Shop when people had things like this happen to the

Quick Reply: tensioner pulley!!!!