2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Time for a new car what do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Default Time for a new car what do you guys think?

Ok so i currently own a 98 rs eclipse with 84,000 miles. ive had the car for 2 years and it has never given me problems! So im happy with my car but i just wish i had more horsepower and at times i feel crunched up inside the car. My girlfriend complains all the time about the amount of space inside my car...But its my car so whatver lol

So i have $4,000 saved up and i was thinking of buying a newer car. Ive been searching but gs-t but no luck. I did find many 2001-2002 eclipse gt. I really like the car and its more horsepower at the same time its really my taste what can i say i love eclipses. But if upgrade to a 2002-2003 gt i will still have the not enuff space problem. What do you guys think should i upgrade to an eclipse gt....or should i just look at other cars?

Old 02-20-2007, 03:39 PM
Default RE: Time for a new car what do you guys think?

i would say that a good down payment on a evo, you don't have to get a brand new one, there are plenty older models out there, but with all eclipse you'll have that "not enough space" problem with them, i have a short girlfriend and it's perfect for her. but if you want to get nice room and power, evo is the way to go.

Old 02-20-2007, 04:37 PM

Yo my bad i ment to say $4,000 saved up...i was in accounting class i got my numbers mixed up lol
many of my friends have told me to get a volks 1.8t(jetta) or even a nissan sentra se-r spec v ( the reason they mention these cars is because they have more space inside and something i can afford)

but i dont know much about those cars i love mistu and the eclipse

Old 02-20-2007, 04:41 PM

if you are looking for power... you could probably sell a 98 w/ 84k miles for close to 4500-5000, with 8500-9000 you could get a gs-t, gsx (they are out there, check ebay, autotrader, cars.com, dsm traders.com) and have plenty left over to do some decent mods.You could also geta 3g gt or gts. Or put a hefty downpayemnt down on an EVO lke 98eclps said.These days you can get an 03 EVO VIII for as little as about 20k so you are almost 1/2 paid off with just a downpayment.

Old 02-20-2007, 06:09 PM

You will be highly disappointed with a 1.8t jetta, and especially with a sentra. My girl has a 1.8t jetta, its slow and heavy as hell. Sentras being even slower. Like everyone said, sell your car, put it with what youve saved up, and youve got a little less than half of a down payment on a Evo. You could also probably find a WRX for low to mid teens if youd rather go that route.

And you can FORGET ever working on a jetta. Ever. Ever ever ever. And parts are ridiculous.

Old 02-20-2007, 06:34 PM

you could find evos for around $18,000. they definitely have more room than the eclipse and they are a lot faster. if you are willing to make payments...

Old 02-20-2007, 07:34 PM

thanks guys for your replys!! its helping me alot! heres the problem about the evo its to much money for me. My dad is going to pay it off...i dont work I go to school fulltime and this is my last semester at the college and next semester i go to the university..So my dad said max tops he would pay would be $10,000 for a car( financed/monthly payments) forgive my handwriting im on my cellphone. so yes you are right i couldt get $4,000-$5,000 for my car. Like i said it has low miles and i havent touched the engine only changed the intake.

So i would love to find a gst-gsx but from the years 98-99 but i cant seem to find a good buy here in miami
i tried dsm traders.com but that page doesnt work...
i found a 97 gst but the guy wants me to pay 8,000 straight up and i dont have the money to pay it straight up. plus i read that the 97 gst is the year that cranwalk has seen the most... and i would not mine getting a 3g eclipse gt i like it! like i said i love the eclipse! ...why is it that mostly girls drive the jetta lol
if you guys could give me more websites besides autotrade and cars.com

Old 02-20-2007, 08:46 PM

yo hit up ebay motors they have some gst/gsx's not sure if there in your area but try to find the one closest to you then have it shipped just an ide'r

Old 02-20-2007, 08:48 PM

oh and also if you go with a vw go for the mv gti man those things arebad with alot of inside room, my friend has one. i never have been into the vw's but this car changed that!!

Old 02-20-2007, 08:51 PM

have you tried craigslist.com? I have a GST and it's great, and if you put the seats just right it seems like you have tons of room lol.

Quick Reply: Time for a new car what do you guys think?