2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

V6 GSX???

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 02:05 PM
Banned
Default RE: V6 GSX???

Sorry i have to agree with EMonz. The EVO records far out perform anything done by a VR4. They need to shed weight and maybe a change of trannys... and then it will be alot faster.

Old 12-12-2006, 03:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Sorry i have to agree with EMonz. The EVO records far out perform anything done by a VR4. They need to shed weight and maybe a change of trannys... and then it will be alot faster.
yup.. not only that though the HP of the EVOs have already been better than the VR4 has been able to do untill like a month ago. the VR4 his very hard to work on

Old 12-12-2006, 07:37 PM

im still gonna say it...they are not in the smae class! we are talking about motors...and how many 4g63's are clicking over 250k miles?

and no i wasnt false....it was an opinion...i didnt state anything. im just sick of seeing dsm's and evos....like they are the only good mitsus.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Banned

Sorry to dissapoint you.. but there has been more power from a VR4 than an EVO... just not as good as 1/4 time

Old 12-12-2006, 09:42 PM

exactly...but they are two different classes....would you put a dsm in the same class as a supra? no...a 3/s yes. not to mention there are no 8 sec street legal dsms...i want proof. oh and there is alot more sponsorship and fan base for the DSM....the 3/s is not half as well known. like i said i get tired of seeing dsm's and evos all the time.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator

They just need to bring back tha Starion and call it a day (Though they'd probably ruin it just like the other car manufacturers are ruining all the old muscle they're trying to retro and bring back to life. I mean hell look at the new Charger... DISGUSTING).

Old 12-13-2006, 01:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Sorry to dissapoint you.. but there has been more power from a VR4 than an EVO... just not as good as 1/4 time
Not untill a month ago seriously 10 years later the VR4 is making what the EVO has done in 3.

Im not saying the VR4s are bad motors I am saying the potencial is much further advanced in the 4G63 than the 6G72. That is why we see how many 700 800 900HP 4g63 powered cars and what a small hand full of 6G72s doing that. Both are great motors both work awsome in what they are built for but if you want to go faster you take the I4 from mitsu

Old 12-13-2006, 01:27 AM

ORIGINAL: davidmitsusrock

exactly...but they are two different classes....would you put a dsm in the same class as a supra? no...a 3/s yes. not to mention there are no 8 sec street legal dsms...i want proof. oh and there is alot more sponsorship and fan base for the DSM....the 3/s is not half as well known. like i said i get tired of seeing dsm's and evos all the time.
WTF are you talking about man. The EVO is in the same class as the VR4. they are pretty well engineered. I never said Street leagal I said STREET DRIVEN meaning driving on a road.

Come on now not even my car is street leagal
If you want vids of that I can post some I have vids of both AMS vehicles on the street and both are running low 9s and high 8s, I have seen a video of one of buschurs cars that runs low low low 9s on the street I have seen a video of sheps car on the street and he runs 7s

Old 12-13-2006, 01:53 AM

if you wanna call shep's dsm a street car go right on ahead. I still think the evo and 3/s are two completely different cars that shouldnt be in the same class....i wouldnt classify a v6 to a 4 cylinder in the same group.

oh and nelson bernarde's car at 935awhp has vids of it on the street...that doesnt make it a street car. hell any car can be driven on a road that doesnt mean its a streetcar.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:51 AM

Sheps car is still in street trim. it is not all plexiglass headlights are intact still tail light are not just stickers. The car can be driven on the street.

I know about nelsons 3s but his is the only one in that HP range. one just one there are multiple EVOs and DSMs that have seen that already. The EVO and 3000gt are very very compairable cars man. They are designed alot alike other than weight and displacment. they compete and match up very very well. I understand saying the DSM cant be compaird I mean come on now a $6k car vs some 3S that are up near the $20ks and few over. now to mention stock vs stock they dont compete but there is a hell of a lot more potecial for the DSM mods grow on trees for those cars that doesnt make it better in any way other than it can be faster. The 3S is not an easy car to mod for one thing and it is very hard to make insanely fast.

No compair the 3S with the EVO hmmm all 1\4 mile time through each car I almost Identical HP rating is pretty darn close they are both AWD. Some 3S are AWS the EVO has amazing hadnling. they are very very very close to each other. Granted yes they were spawned for different Ideas the 3s is power and luxary and the EVO is made primarily for power and control. Now after modding both what do you see the EVOs racing cars like z06 and cobras and winning those are no where near the same class but the EVO can compete. As will the 3s with some nice work into it. The few main things you must remember are small mods on the 3s will make more power, Big mods are less availible nor are they easy to do in that engine bay. your rear turbo blow forget it that is a Pain in tha ***** to reach. The TQ will always be higher on the 3S but they have such a bad tq steer issue stock that having higher Tq is not really a good thing. then the weight of the car is about 500LBS to heavy. Compaire the 2 together the EVOs are the opposite in all of those comparisens BUT the EVO has such an easy motor to work on and so many aftermarket parts it can easly out do the 3S at a track or roadcourse.

the EVO and 3s are both great cars. The 3S looks alittle better but weights way to much. It comes down to power and weight. Since we see the EVOs already getting higher HP #s than the 3s has ever even known untill resent and the EVO weigths alot less who would you say has the potencial??? the EVOs are well over 900HP and not stoping every 6 months or so the record is broken. Nelson's 3S just did what EVO have been at for a very long time already (yes his car is amazing I love but it doesnt make it an easier car to reach that point .

You notice it is only you and sebba who ever argue this topic. No one else jumps in? Its not like I know nothing about the 3S, we have one its a 92 we did a full 95 motor and tranny swap on it (to get the junk 2 bolt motor out and 5psd). They are very fun cars to Drive BTW. I would buy one only to do light mods and keep it at that cause you still have a blast with it. plus it gets better gearing than my EVO so its a little more fun on the highway. If I could have both I prob would actually. Cause when you drive an EVO you know you have to have it. I hated EVOs and wanted an STi so bad. till I test drove an EVO and that alone changed my mind. It is a true drivers car with handleing that is 2nd to nothing for a factory car at its price

Quick Reply: V6 GSX???