2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

V6 GSX???

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 09:04 AM
Default RE: V6 GSX???

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Sorry i have to agree with EMonz. The EVO records far out perform anything done by a VR4. They need to shed weight and maybe a change of trannys... and then it will be alot faster.
did we forget this one... Sebba a few posts ago Completely agreeing. He has like no idea what he thinks lol since he is now disagreeing like 5 posts later.

Old 12-13-2006, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: davidmitsusrock

eh hem..... 4g63<6g72TT

evo 8<vr-4

all opinions i suppose but i wouldnt say the 4g63 is better then the 6g72tt.
I would just like to bring this quote back up. You started off the entire arguement by first comparing the two. Now you are saying you cant compare them. STOP CONTRADICTING YOURSELF!!! We are comparing the two because thats what you did. And to say what you said is assinine. History proves it. Enough said

Old 12-13-2006, 09:35 AM

lwt talk about the EVO IX. last week the IS just dynod 433AWHP and 4xx something TQ. its only mods were boost controller, reflash, K&N filter, TBE 3inch, fuel pump, ARP headstuds, FMIC and IC pipes. That is a boat load of power to have with only $2k worth of mods. Stock injectors stock turbo stock CAMs. The MIVEC makes those things get the TQ ofa v6 and the quick HP on small mods like the v6.

Old 12-13-2006, 12:31 PM
Banned

EMonz, i was dissagreeing with the one comment you made about the 4G63 making more power... that is all. Everything else you said i agree with you on.

Old 12-13-2006, 01:55 PM

EMonz, i was dissagreeing with the one comment you made about the 4G63 making more power... that is all. Everything else you said i agree with you on.
I said untill about recently, sebba. meaning untill Nelson there has not been. EVOs have been well above the VR4 untill nelson. I am sure the EVO power plant will roll right back over nelsons dyno too since new turbos new tunes and new setups are soming out ona monthly basis it seems like. AMS and buschur go back and forth. and they are only like 30HP less than nelsons VR4 unless he did something else more recently than his 935 or what ever it was??!!??

Old 12-13-2006, 06:40 PM

I would just like to bring this quote back up. You started off the entire arguement by first comparing the two. Now you are saying you cant compare them. STOP CONTRADICTING YOURSELF!!! We are comparing the two because thats what you did. And to say what you said is assinine. History proves it. Enough said

who sais this was an argument? calm the **** down man. i wass stating my opinion and he called it false...thats what got me.

and my whole point is i am tired of seeing dsm's all the damn time...the 3s is somethen different. and it is better IMO i never stated anything. emonz knows his **** and i believe him when he says its easier to get hp out of an evo...i just would like to see more 3/s's out there being built up....alot of the records for the evo came through a huge fanbase and aftermarket support...yes the evo is amazing but there are so many of them anymore and people act like they are the only worth while mitsubishi. all i really said is i like the 3/s better and i didnt think they should be in the same class.

and yes to specify

evo 9>3/s

it is all based on opinion

Old 12-13-2006, 06:44 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

I said untill about recently, sebba. meaning untill Nelson there has not been. EVOs have been well above the VR4 untill nelson. I am sure the EVO power plant will roll right back over nelsons dyno too since new turbos new tunes and new setups are soming out ona monthly basis it seems like. AMS and buschur go back and forth. and they are only like 30HP less than nelsons VR4 unless he did something else more recently than his 935 or what ever it was??!!??
actually he has a new 3.5l race motor going in....breaking 1000 i believe...

Old 12-13-2006, 06:59 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

Sheps car is still in street trim. it is not all plexiglass headlights are intact still tail light are not just stickers. The car can be driven on the street.

I know about nelsons 3s but his is the only one in that HP range. one just one there are multiple EVOs and DSMs that have seen that already. The EVO and 3000gt are very very compairable cars man. They are designed alot alike other than weight and displacment. they compete and match up very very well. I understand saying the DSM cant be compaird I mean come on now a $6k car vs some 3S that are up near the $20ks and few over. now to mention stock vs stock they dont compete but there is a hell of a lot more potecial for the DSM mods grow on trees for those cars that doesnt make it better in any way other than it can be faster. The 3S is not an easy car to mod for one thing and it is very hard to make insanely fast.

No compair the 3S with the EVO hmmm all 1\4 mile time through each car I almost Identical HP rating is pretty darn close they are both AWD. Some 3S are AWS the EVO has amazing hadnling. they are very very very close to each other. Granted yes they were spawned for different Ideas the 3s is power and luxary and the EVO is made primarily for power and control. Now after modding both what do you see the EVOs racing cars like z06 and cobras and winning those are no where near the same class but the EVO can compete. As will the 3s with some nice work into it. The few main things you must remember are small mods on the 3s will make more power, Big mods are less availible nor are they easy to do in that engine bay. your rear turbo blow forget it that is a Pain in tha ***** to reach. The TQ will always be higher on the 3S but they have such a bad tq steer issue stock that having higher Tq is not really a good thing. then the weight of the car is about 500LBS to heavy. Compaire the 2 together the EVOs are the opposite in all of those comparisens BUT the EVO has such an easy motor to work on and so many aftermarket parts it can easly out do the 3S at a track or roadcourse.

the EVO and 3s are both great cars. The 3S looks alittle better but weights way to much. It comes down to power and weight. Since we see the EVOs already getting higher HP #s than the 3s has ever even known untill resent and the EVO weigths alot less who would you say has the potencial??? the EVOs are well over 900HP and not stoping every 6 months or so the record is broken. Nelson's 3S just did what EVO have been at for a very long time already (yes his car is amazing I love but it doesnt make it an easier car to reach that point .

You notice it is only you and sebba who ever argue this topic. No one else jumps in? Its not like I know nothing about the 3S, we have one its a 92 we did a full 95 motor and tranny swap on it (to get the junk 2 bolt motor out and 5psd). They are very fun cars to Drive BTW. I would buy one only to do light mods and keep it at that cause you still have a blast with it. plus it gets better gearing than my EVO so its a little more fun on the highway. If I could have both I prob would actually. Cause when you drive an EVO you know you have to have it. I hated EVOs and wanted an STi so bad. till I test drove an EVO and that alone changed my mind. It is a true drivers car with handleing that is 2nd to nothing for a factory car at its price
now i see where you are commin from more...the 3/s still has many things to improve...it is a landwhale just like the supra. i just really like it for some reason. i love evo's...but its nice to see other mitsubishis recognised as well.

Old 12-13-2006, 07:39 PM

they get there reconition as well. I respect them and love to see them. potencailly they are not as far along is all I was saying

Old 12-13-2006, 07:43 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmitsusrock

who sais this was an argument? calm the **** down man. i wass stating my opinion and he called it false...thats what got me.

and my whole point is i am tired of seeing dsm's all the damn time...the 3s is somethen different. and it is better IMO i never stated anything. emonz knows his **** and i believe him when he says its easier to get hp out of an evo...i just would like to see more 3/s's out there being built up....alot of the records for the evo came through a huge fanbase and aftermarket support...yes the evo is amazing but there are so many of them anymore and people act like they are the only worth while mitsubishi. all i really said is i like the 3/s better and i didnt think they should be in the same class.

and yes to specify

evo 9>3/s

it is all based on opinion
Tghere are not that many EVOs out there man. Ya they are more modified than there are 3S of course. DSMs well that is a differnt story. I would never buy a DSM (no offence to anyone who owns one). The EVO 8-9 are very competitive to a 3S the 9 is just a little more responsive than the other 2. It is all personally preferece but the 4G63 has the better potencial at least the EVOs version does

Quick Reply: V6 GSX???