2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

want to buy a good eclipse in Minnesota

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 05:58 PM
Default RE: want to buy a good eclipse in Minnesota

hey all
thanks for the replies
ive just gotten word i cant get my car till October or December, cause i need to pay for insurance as well. Do you think these cars will be around till that time? cause i would hate to miss out on it, it would really suck badly
what should be my milage i should look for , and any general purchasing guidelines, i have about 7500 right now, and ill save up a bit longer(parents want me to)
so i cant really do anything

also, do you think when i get the car, i should Rice it up (like asians) or jsut keep it the default way, if any azian wants to tell me how to rice it up, id be willing to listen

please reply

thanks
PS- ictponder, what car is that? the eclipse? becaue if it is, its really sweet
what did you add on to it, and what would anyone recommend getting done on it

Old 06-12-2006, 06:57 PM
Banned

thats a sin

Old 06-12-2006, 08:16 PM

lol coem on,
some serious opinions here please?

Old 06-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Banned

your on the wrong forum... you need to get a civic or something

Old 06-12-2006, 10:23 PM

NEVER RICE AN ECLIPSE.. why would you want to wreck a sleek, sexy, fast, agressive looking car??????????????????????? Lower it put some rims on it and maybe that front lip on the bumper...that is all my taste allows besides tint and lightning for cosmetics. But you can do what you want I guess..Just be prepared to get laughed at by every other Eclipse owner. The exception of all the other ricers of coarse.

Old 06-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Banned

HAHAHAHA that is 100% EXACTLY what i told him to do. With the lip n all...

Old 06-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

I agree with learning to drive a stick. You'll be intimidated by it at first and likely frustrated but it's not all that hard. And it's good knowing that no matter WHAT your friends drive you will be able to drive their car instead of being limited to the auto cars only.

I myself first got my liscense on an auto but within a year was left with 1 option. A stick. So I had to self teach myself to drive it. I've been driving a stick since then. (On a side note it's nice to know I'll never have to worry about Mom driving my car because she can't drive a stick lol).

Old 06-12-2006, 10:48 PM

Yes...The silver looks amazing...its one of the first cars i've owned that never wanted to change the color. I absolutely love The silver. Red is ok...I havent seen a red one that really took my breath away like "my silver". Can never go wrong with black either I just think you got to work a lil harder at trying to make it stand out.
ORIGINAL: Sebba

Woohoo another potential DSMer. I will recomend a 1997-1999 GSX manual trans anything around 100k on the clock is normal. If you want to save money i recomend buying one that is already modded performance wise. If you want to make it look really nice i recomend finding the 97-99 that looks great anyway and getting some decent rims for it and it will look awesome. The car looks great in red and silver.

A few general things to look out for. like when you test drive the car make sure you hit all 5 gears and including reverse looking for any grinding or shifting problems. Go full throttle a couple times checking for clutch slip. Look under the radiater cap for rust. Then check the oil dipstick (oil should be golden brown and not black) black oil = oil change needed. If the oil cap has any goopy white stuff on it then walk away from the deal. Look out for any abnormal smoke from the exhaust. A little black smoke on any turbo eclipse is normal but nothing huge should come out. A good eclipse GSX will start at at least $8000. If you dont have that kind of money then maybe a GST.

If you have any questions i have not already answered then feel free to contact me via AIM @ NitrousJunkie101

Old 06-12-2006, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator

with 7500 you'll be able to get a really nice car. With that you should easily be able to get a nice GST 2g. But its really up to you and what you like. If you like the 3g's then it depends on if you want to do upgrades or just a nice quick car from stock. With the 3g i suggest the GS's for upgrading or the GT (V6) for something thats quick from stock. I dont remember which you said you wanted 2g or 3g, i just noticed you said you liked ictponder's 3g. But for a 2g i would definetly stick to getting a 97-99 GST/GSX, if you can find a nice one cheap enough for you.

Old 06-13-2006, 12:23 AM

hmm
i think i will get a 3 g probably because they have the lowest milage besides a 4g that are being sold on carsoup,
so would it be a GSX or a GT or a GS? im looking to have a good one right off the bat that looks cool, so i can soup it up later on

Quick Reply: want to buy a good eclipse in Minnesota