2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

What do u guys think?

Old 10-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Default What do u guys think?

Ok heres my situation,

My car:
98 Eclipse GS--- AUTOMATIC [:@] ---

I really want a car i can fix up, and in reality ill never be racing, but i dont want to be getting smoked by neons.
I dont really know if i should start pouring money into my car, what do you guys think?
im only 17 and dont have the resources to just sell it and buy a GSX, so... please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks~

Old 10-23-2005, 11:59 PM
Default RE: What do u guys think?

fix the automatic up because if you know how to drive you can hangout with a 5 speed in a race. And you said you didnt wanna be smoke by a neon but the neon has the same motor as the eclipse.

Old 10-24-2005, 12:32 AM

ORIGINAL: 95 Eclipse

fix the automatic up because if you know how to drive you can hangout with a 5 speed in a race. And you said you didnt wanna be smoke by a neon but the neon has the same motor as the eclipse.
But which is lighter?? Eclipses have been know for being fat except maybe the 1G. Honestly I dont think you can really make that car "fast" at least not with out alot of $$$$. if oyu want a car you can fix up buy a 1G gst or GSX they are not to expensive and can be BEASTs.

Old 10-24-2005, 01:07 AM

Well im not really racing, so... i guess ill just work with what i got.
Besides intake exhaust n headers, whats a good upgrade with some good hp gain?

Old 10-24-2005, 07:42 AM

not much other than that without spending some $$$$

Old 10-24-2005, 10:01 AM

With a header\exhaust and an intake an SAFC might be usefull. I know 3G guys with those mods can tune out a few more HP outta the car. but other than that I say get some motor mounts or something

Old 10-24-2005, 11:33 AM

Can you please elaborate on what an SAFC is and what it does. I googled it and could only figure out that it has something to do wth ECU.

Old 10-24-2005, 12:27 PM

ORIGINAL: B33Z

Can you please elaborate on what an SAFC is and what it does. I googled it and could only figure out that it has something to do wth ECU.
SAFC II----->The Super AFC II (Air Flow Converter) is the industry standard for sub computer fuel control. The S-AFC II is designed to fine tune and "squeeze" power out of existing engine setups by allowing the user to modify the fuel curve with precision accuracy. Since the act of simply bolting on performance products does not make maximum horsepower, the S-AFC II allows the user to calibrate the fuel system in accordance with performance upgrades as they are installed. The AFC modifies the air flow meter/ pressure sensor signal voltage going to the factory ECU (Engine Control Unit) to change the amount of fuel injected.
The Deceleration Air Flow Correction cures erratic idle problems for Hot Wire vehicles equipped with an open atmosphere blow off valve. The S-AFC II can also display an incredible amount of data including: Air Flow Capacity (Hotwire and Flap Type only), Engine RPM, Throttle Position, Pressure Sensor voltage, Karmann Frequency, and Air Flow Meter Correction.

Old 10-24-2005, 01:00 PM

The eclipse only shares the neon motor with the late model r/t which was a limited production model. Most neons running around have a 4g64 or a 2.0 sohc. For the auto situation... get a stall converter, some nitto's 555r's in the front. CAI, catback exaust and a 50 shot no stock neon/civic/tibb/3g eclipse will lay a hand on you and all of that can be done for under 2g.

The safc is compleatly usless in a 420a with mearly bolt ons. The a safc moddifys the map voltage to add or subtract fuel, it cant effect timming or spark. If you dont know what you are doing you will blow up your motor. The main reason for a safc on a 420a is to control larger injectors while still using the stock ecu in a turbo/cam application. For bolt on applactions, hedder,cai,exaust, you will get the same effects the safc will offer if you gut your cayt, which is free. The lower o2 sensor will read the motor as running too rich and the ecu will lean it out in a safe way but it will throw a cel.

Old 10-24-2005, 01:03 PM

another thing about SAFC------> dyno tuning!!! be prepare to spend some cash, if you want those safc to be tuned.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What do u guys think?