2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

What are we going to do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 08:36 AM
Default What are we going to do?

People hit google, type in mitsubishi and forum, then hit search. They proced to regester to ask one question about how to make their car fast. Every week its the same questions, 4-500 hp cars, motor swaps, good mods on a gst, best places to shop. What are we going to do about this? Are we going to say search? Answer the question? Try to get a admin to make a sticky about modding a gst/gsx, and a sticky about a 420a/4g63 swap? What are we going to do?

Old 10-31-2005, 10:38 AM
Default RE: What are we going to do?

i think the admins/mods should get involved and make stickys about these frequently asked questions.

Old 10-31-2005, 11:43 AM

Thats what I would like but chances are kids arent going to even bother to read them.

Old 10-31-2005, 02:43 PM
Administrator

if someone compiles a list of FAQs pertaining to the GSX/GSTs, i will gladly sticky them.. truth is, i dont know a world of info about the 1g/2g, but if someone does, i will happily post something up. if we have stickies here about GSX/GST stuff, i will then post a sticky in the newbie section linking each certain topic, sort of like the 420a write up that slow420a was kind enough to do...

Old 10-31-2005, 03:06 PM

well if u would put a sticky on info bout GS-T/GSX, U can start wit their stats, u kno hp n all the good stuff...then maybe compile a list of good parts to start wit...U get wat i'm sayin?

Old 10-31-2005, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Perhaps a list of things in general to do to engines as bolt ons as well. I keep seeing "What should I do first what will make more power..." Also a list of decents online stores for parts would be a good sticky

Old 10-31-2005, 06:22 PM
Administrator

here is the issue. someone posted some threads with excellent content, but the contents of other forums, or other webpages are copy written. what we need is someone who knows what theyre talking about to actually write something, liek slow420a did, which is atop the eclipse section. thoughts?

Old 10-31-2005, 06:54 PM

What about dsmtalonawd51? He seems to know a good amount about the 4g63. What get435 did was good it had alot of info about the motor its self, but like pat said the info was linked to other sites. Not saying that he should copy and paste the info but what if put it in his own words about what to do and how to do it.

Thats another thing that this site needs to get more credential as a tech forum. If we had a section that was decated to how too's. Like a general car thing so that stickys for all sorts of cars not just eclipses. Even simple stuff like intake installs. Also a place that holds stats. Like on 2g nt.com they have stats for the 420a like you wouldent belive its like they uploaded a chiltons manual onto the site. Also they have something called a caps program that has a diagram of the car, and you click thorough sections to find the part that you need and it supplys you with the oem number and then they have a direct link to a mitsu dealership in tennisee (sp) that always has the part in stock.... used that a few times

Old 10-31-2005, 08:03 PM
Administrator

have several other sites, and they all have a DIY section. i will put one up, but i need DIYs first.

Old 10-31-2005, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

Well I myself am more of a troubleshooter type but give me some idea what I need to do and I'll even do the reasearch and ask the questions and whatnot and get the info for my writeup once I have it all written up and proofread I'll cut and paste it into a new thread. But I think the seperate areas is a good thing too. Or at least doing seperate threads on each part possibly like a thread that is for "Cold Air Intakes" giving an approximate idea of how to install on the different engines, what is needed to install, and expected HP and torque gaines for the part? Also possibly a difficulty level and what problems to expect from doing such things?

Quick Reply: What are we going to do?