2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

where to buy - sparks/wires

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 06:09 PM
Default where to buy - sparks/wires

I shop online for a lot of stuff... so, where is the best place to buy NGK plugs (also, whats the best kind for a 2g eclipse non-T?) and Nology wires? I was at this one place and the plugs sold for almost 60 bucks! ... that has to be a rip right? ... most other plugs cost 4 bucks a piece!

TIA

Old 01-23-2006, 09:50 AM
Default RE: where to buy - sparks/wires

go to local parts store they will sell ya the hotest ngk plug for like $1.50-$2.00 a pice. go to this site for a list of dealers http://www.nology.com/usa.html#Mailorder%20Companies

Old 01-23-2006, 01:06 PM

I haven't really looked into the big differences between hot and cold plugs, but isn't there a certain kind I need for my engine?... I mean, I can't just put in any spark plug right?

http://store.racinglab.com/mi95ec2nol4n.html -- Nology hot wires. Is this a set of 4 for the price, or does one wire cost that much? [:-]

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...pe=960&ptset=A -- NGK Iridium IX spark plugs... 4 plugs for $27.84

This would bring the total to $197.79 ... if the nology wires come in a set of 4. Otherwise I'm looking at $707.64, which doesn't seem right

Old 01-23-2006, 03:14 PM

No not just any plug will work there are differant sizes of plugs as well and how hot they run the wires are a retail priced wire but almost $30 for plugs way exspensive i payed $1.50 for each plug they were the hottest plugs made by ngk and work awesome. and yes if you look at the site u are going to buy the wires from it is plural wireS so iut sould be a set that link i gave you showes what they are charging as retail.

Old 01-23-2006, 03:20 PM

Ok, well how can I find out what my Eclipse needs? Is there a thread here that talks about it, or is it in my owners manual, or what?

Old 01-23-2006, 03:24 PM

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/apps/ca...uv/results.asp
Here is a link to ngk site this is a ex of what a 95 gs would need so the 420a motor. i use standard or vpower. you can take the stock number that is what u need.

Old 01-23-2006, 03:55 PM

I checked the NGK site and compared it to the NGK iridium IX plug I found on advanceautoparts.com and they are the same part, so I guess I'm good there. But, I didn't see where it talked about how hot or cold the plug is?

As for plug wires, does it matter what kind I get there? Those Nology are "hot" wires.. does that mean I have to get "hot" plugs or is that just a thing Nology calls their product?

Old 01-24-2006, 09:46 AM

no they are called hot wires for the fact that they allow more flow of current with less resistance. In other words more spark to the plug its like a MSD superconductor wires, same concept. as for the plugs i have been told to stay away from the irdium plugs but i drive a gst not a gs and they do not make um for my car but if ngk says tehy are fine than they should work as for hot or cold plugs its like this differant modle of plugs will run a hotter arc or not so hot genrally the hoter the arc the more gas gets ignited same concept with wires more spark delivered more power because more gas gets used.

Old 01-24-2006, 02:01 PM

I thought better plugs gave you better gas mileage? ... But, if I want good gas milage I shouldn't go for the hot plugs, I should go for the cold plugs? Damn, I never knew spark plugs were so friggin' confusing. Isn't there an easy way to figure this stuff out? [:'(]

Old 01-24-2006, 02:27 PM

for better gas milage you will want a hotter burning plug do this go down to the local automotive shop and they will pull i beleve there is 3 differant ngk plugs one is regular the other is a hoter plug and the hotest plug now i had a 95gs i do not know if the same plugs are manufactured for differant yesr i dont see why they would not be but this will be the best way to understand it remember more gas burned =more power and better gas mileage.

Quick Reply: where to buy - sparks/wires