2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Where do the front and rear mounts bolt to??

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Default Where do the front and rear mounts bolt to??

so i've pretty much have everything to be able to bolt all the engine and tranny together and drop it in the car minus some much needed bolts, but i can figure out where the front and rear mounts bolt to on the engine. i mean i have a general idea, but i have a feeling there's pieces missing off the block and i need to bolt too, does anyone have a picture or a diagram to show me what i bolt the front and rear mounts to on the engine? thanks

Old 06-23-2008, 08:14 AM
Default RE: Where do the front and rear mounts bolt to??

does this post even make sense? come on people i really wanna get any parts ordered that i need to so i can drop this thing in finally... also would it be easier to drop the motor and transmission in seperately or should i do it all at the same time? i.e., drop the motor in, then raise the car up and bring the tranny in from the bottom?

Old 06-23-2008, 11:02 AM

your front and rear motor mounts. the front mount is actually a part of the subframe bar. or whatever that long *** black thing is called. lol. and your rear motor mount is actually on the far back side of the tranny. there is a bracket the bolts up with i beleive 3 bolts... and.. aw ****... gimme a few minute i will go out and try to get some pics lol.... be back with some pictures. 15 min... as for putting in the motor and tranny. i would do em seperately. i only say that cuz it will be smaller pieces which are easier to deal with. the trany need to be kinda lifted in at an angle turned and it will then kinda slide right onto the input shaft and set on the block. i did all of it myself. with my f**d up back... so i know that anyone should be able to do all this pretty easy. but i will go try to grab some pics. be back

Old 06-23-2008, 11:47 AM

k, pics are loading onto the computer right now. i will start off with this.

1. the front mount bolts to the subframe cross bar. i have never removed it from the cross member

2. there is a bracket that connects the tranny (2 bolts) to the motor mount, and it connect to the motor mount thru the middle
hope it makes sense so far.

3. on the rear, the mount connects to the frame in the engine bay. you can see in pics there are 3 or four. but you will be able to tell if you have the bracket and look at the frame anyway..

4. there is a bracket that connects with three bolts to the back of the tranny. and it kinda slides over the plug that is on the top rear of the tranny that sticks up. this will give you an idea of where it goes. but the plug literally rests in the middle of the bracket.

5. then the bracket connects to the motor mount thru the center bolt.

hopefully the pics will be good enough to show you how and where it is all connected. i tried to take a bunch and removed a couple parts and took a few (stick your hand in an empty spot thati couldnt see the screen and take a pic then check to make sure the pic looked okay.. lol

since there are so many pics and i wanna keep them bigger so you can see better.
PM me your email adress that can recieve pictures easily and i will send them to you. plus i am not the greatest when it comes to loading pics on this site. lol

it is sometimes a real pita to get that rear mount in there. let me know if ya need some pointers on how to do that.. lol

edited... to try to make a little more sense. i was babysitting my brother who is a maniac 5 yr old, and trying to take pics and do that write up... had my hands full.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:13 PM
Banned

Man I am sooo crosseyes after reading that.

I would ask Silvercoupe or Manybrews

Old 06-23-2008, 03:36 PM

sorry sebba, lol...i edited my last post to make more sense. it is pretty simple. so hopefully the changes i made will make it less confusing. anyways, the pics definitley would help it make more sense since i was looking at the pictures and jogging my memories of tearing my car apart. too bad i suck at posting pics.. that is why i haven't posted pics of the rebuild...

Old 06-23-2008, 10:28 PM

ok my main question was is there a bracket that bolts to the transmission or engine themselves that the motor mounts bolt onto haha, i think you got that answer in there but i'm not quite sure... the mounts are already bolted in the car i just need to know how to bolt it to the engine

Old 06-24-2008, 12:14 AM

sorry, to answer that question. there are brackets that bolt to the tranny. thats why i kinda tried to explain it the way i did. the motor mount bolts to the frame... and the brackets bolt to the tranny. and the mount and bracket are held together by the single bolt that runs throught the middle of the motor mount. if you do need pictures i have them available. hope that helps and answers your question.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:23 AM

thanks man for the help, i actually picked up my tranny and set it in my car tonight to get a real feel of what bolts where, thanks for the help

Old 06-24-2008, 03:04 AM
Banned

When can we expect the first start up?

Quick Reply: Where do the front and rear mounts bolt to??