2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

white smoke-----> black smoke

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 04:12 AM
Default RE: white smoke-----> black smoke

ORIGINAL: willdue

egh, im afraid thats sumin else lol....is it more of a raddle and errythin including ya dash rattles? lol
no, the whole car, like the engine is going up and then at that rpm it shakes, n you hear my injectors clickin hella loud, and then i let off and i ease into the gas slowly, it goes up all the way, well the stutter is only when its slammed

Old 05-22-2006, 04:14 AM

egh, that dont sound good, your gunna have to wait til someone else sees this...

Old 05-22-2006, 04:17 AM

egh, that dont sound good, your gunna have to wait til someone else sees this...
ok but thanks, i hope someone looks at this in the morning

Old 05-22-2006, 04:32 AM

wowowowowowowowow it sounds like you have quite a few problems. First of all the white smoke is burning coolant, which means you have a bad head gasket. Second, the black smoke means you have oil leaking past the rings. And third, if you heard a loud clicking at high RPMs that may be your valves clicking, and you may be off timing.

If i were you, i would take it to a shop that will analyze your whole car for decently cheap.

How many miles are on your car?

Whens the last tune up youve done

Old 05-22-2006, 04:39 AM

yea, i was thinkin his valves but didt wanna shoot him in the wrong way, good job jeff

Old 05-22-2006, 04:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeffisdecentttttt

wowowowowowowowow it sounds like you have quite a few problems. First of all the white smoke is burning coolant, which means you have a bad head gasket. Second, the black smoke means you have oil leaking past the rings. And third, if you heard a loud clicking at high RPMs that may be your valves clicking, and you may be off timing.

If i were you, i would take it to a shop that will analyze your whole car for decently cheap.

How many miles are on your car?

Whens the last tune up youve done
uhm almost 176,xxx, the shop had my car for 3 monthes, gave me a 3k$ bill, and i guess nvr fixed the actual problem. i was going to have a tune up done next weekend, i have all the parts already, having it done next weekend. and somethin in my car is really leaking on the ground, idk what, but it seems my radiator fluid is going down quick, i remember it full, and now its half.

Old 05-22-2006, 04:49 AM

wow....cars bought to take a **** im afraid...major tune up needed here...

Old 05-22-2006, 04:50 AM

wow....cars bought to take a **** im afraid...major tune up needed here...
well we will see after the tune up i guess.........

Old 05-22-2006, 04:52 AM

yeah you DEFINATELY have a bad gasket, or if the shop that had your car for 3 months, took your engine apart, they put it on wrong. you are obviously losing coolant. and you probably cant get high RPMs because of the coolant inside the chamber. The stuff leaking is probably coolant, out of your exhaust, or right out of the side of the block.

Looks like your mileage is getting up there.

and how funny, i just got MY car back from the shop that had it for 3 months.
Mine is running fine, but it seems the people who work on these cars dont really know what theyre doing.....

Old 05-22-2006, 04:55 AM

normal shops dont....thats why im glad i live near PSI....they specialize in DSMs

Quick Reply: white smoke-----> black smoke