2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

who needs no2 when you can have co2

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 11:49 AM
Default who needs no2 when you can have co2

I was surfing the internet the other day and found this new co2 system called cryo2 from what I have read it sounds like a pretty cool system. has anyone else heard about this or know someone that is using it. I am thinking of getting a few of the cryo2 parts but I want to know what you guys think.

Old 05-02-2005, 01:42 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: who needs no2 when you can have co2

Well there is a BIG difference between CO2 and nitrous. First off go ahead and try injecting CO2 into your engine I garauntee it'll lose EVERY race you try to run like that. CO2 is a good cooling agent though. Nitrous when injected to the engine actually (Correct me if I'm wrong I MAY have this backwards) splits up into component parts and bonds with oxygen to give the engine more to burn. Thus the need for the higher powered injectors and pump to supply more feul to keep the engine from melting itself down in that method. CO2 (IMO of course) is a MUCH safer route to take due to the fact that you're merely supercooling things instead of injecting anything into the engine. CO2 never enters the block and can be used on the radiator, intercooler, and intake as well as other areas as well. Those would prolly be the main things you'd be looking at using it on though. Again these are merely my own opinions though I believe I got how the nitrous works right (Someone please do correct me if I'm wrong). Hope this helps.

Old 05-02-2005, 11:26 AM

Nitrous oxide actualy in n20 nitrogen 2 oxygen what will happen is it is injected into a superheated area which makes the n20 seperate and dump more oxygen into the chamber making a biger explosion in the piston chamer resulting in hp gain and higher compression.

Old 05-02-2005, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

I also read something somewhere about the N2O bonding with the gas molecules as well. (I was fairly close in my explanation though so :P )

Old 05-03-2005, 11:56 AM

Just to clear somethings up. I know what n2o does And I know that co2 can't replace it. I was woundering if anyone has used the cryo system on there car and how well did it work. that is all.

Old 05-03-2005, 01:18 PM

all that does is lower intake temps, and the gains are minimal, except to raise your self esteem because u ahve a big *** bottle sitting next to you. A similar and much more effective approach would be a water/alcohol injection kit, which would not only lower intake temps, but raise fuel octane and allow you to run higher boost with less fuel.

Old 05-04-2005, 09:52 AM

one this it could be used for is a intercooler cooler. i have sen them for n20 buy co2 would bee alot cheeper.

Old 05-04-2005, 03:33 PM

all u need to cool the intercooler is a water nozzel to spray the outside, and that could be made for $15

Old 05-04-2005, 05:13 PM

ok water is fine but co2 or n20 would cool it to lower temps which means more dense intake air. sure a water system would work but for how cheep co2 is why not use it?
oh an i almost forgot it would look bad a white mist where the intercooler is. put some neon lights in ther and you got some pimp looking ****.

Old 05-04-2005, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

I just liked the CO2 cuz it's cheaper and I don't plan on injecting anything into my Sentra's engine. I dunno if I can spray with a turbo I've gotten mixed reactions on that so I think I'll stick w a turbop only on my 'clipse.

Quick Reply: who needs no2 when you can have co2