Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/)
-   -   why do all eclipse gs spyder have amf's (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/why-do-all-eclipse-gs-spyder-have-amfs-6534/)

97GSpower 10-31-2005 08:42 PM

why do all eclipse gs spyder have amf's

why do all eclipse gs spyder have amf's and the reugular ones dont and where can i get the intake tube afrte the amf i have the part before the amf

EMonz57 10-31-2005 08:45 PM

RE: why do all eclipse gs spyder have amf's

do you mean MAF?? if so they all have it, and it measures the air flow. as far as the lower pipe it depents on what you have already is it a name brand pipe or any certain color? I think injen sells the lower pipe seperate

Joel_CA 10-31-2005 08:53 PM

Airflow Meter's are what Mitsubishi uses to determine the amount of air (as well as it's temperature and barometer readings) the engine is taking in in all of their vehicles. It is this sensor that the PCM uses to caluculate how much fuel to inject to match the incoming air. The "other" engine is a Chrysler engine which uses a MAP sensor to determine the amount of airflow into the engine. The PCM determines how much air is coming in based on a vacuum signal to the MAP sensor and injects the appropriate amount of fuel to match.

Joel, CA

Sanguinius 10-31-2005 09:14 PM

*WARNING Partial threadjack* I know what the MAP and MAF's do just out of curiousity what does MAP stand for (I know what MAF stands for too). *END THREADJACK*

eclipsed4u 10-31-2005 09:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

*WARNING Partial threadjack* I know what the MAP and MAF's do just out of curiousity what does MAP stand for (I know what MAF stands for too). *END THREADJACK*
Manifold Absolute Pressure

slow420a 10-31-2005 10:43 PM

I love my map.

EMonz57 10-31-2005 11:06 PM

ORIGINAL: slow420a

I love my map.
Mee tooo, I wish the EVO used MAP rather than MAF.

Joel_CA 11-01-2005 02:31 AM

Just as an FYI, Newer Mits engines uses both a MAP and a Mass Airflow Sensor although the map is basically used to verify EGR operation instead of fuel control.

Joel, CA

DSMTalonAWD51 11-01-2005 03:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Joel_CA

Just as an FYI, Newer Mits engines uses both a MAP and a Mass Airflow Sensor although the map is basically used to verify EGR operation instead of fuel control.

Joel, CA
yup.

Sanguinius 11-01-2005 04:17 PM

Really that's a new one I didn't know... Why do they ALWAYS have to change shyt on us???