2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

will this really work?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Default RE: will this really work?

ORIGINAL: TheAdvocate

I would say somewhere between $9,000-$10,000.. But im sure you will run into problems that could jump it up a few more grand...
the GS spyder shares the same frame as the GSX why would it cost that much if he had the parts??

And no way in hell would it be cheaper to make a GSX a conv. rather than a conv. a GSX. that I think would be a hell of a lot more money. I dont really care I guess since I dont own a spyder or an eclipse lol but I was a bit curious

Old 12-11-2005, 07:38 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

I would say somewhere between $9,000-$10,000.. But im sure you will run into problems that could jump it up a few more grand...
the GS spyder shares the same frame as the GSX why would it cost that much if he had the parts??

And no way in hell would it be cheaper to make a GSX a conv. rather than a conv. a GSX. that I think would be a hell of a lot more money. I dont really care I guess since I dont own a spyder or an eclipse lol but I was a bit curious
Depends on if you could do the modifaction yourself and how great you want it to look when your done... My freind had a convertable s-10 that was chopped by two guys with a saw.... real cheap way to do it but i understand it would be a lot harder to do it on a car.

Old 12-11-2005, 07:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Lil red

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

Depends on if you could do the modifaction yourself and how great you want it to look when your done... My freind had a convertable s-10 that was chopped by two guys with a saw.... real cheap way to do it but i understand it would be a lot harder to do it on a car.
Ya and to do it the right way will cost an arm and a leg id bet a AWD spyder would be easier to do. I have a 6bolt block from a 91GSX and a port matched head with a 5angle valve job just lying around and I have no use for it at the moment LOL

Old 12-12-2005, 08:37 AM

ok.. well sence selling my car is outta the question (read my sig for the reason why) and from the looks of it making an AWD GS spyder is outta the question as well....how much would a 4G63T motor cost?

Old 12-12-2005, 10:09 AM

anywhere from a few 100 bucks"junkyard" to a few thousand depends on what is wanted you have a gs spyder witha 4g64 sohc i sat look into a 4g63 head swap and yank the turbo system and a ecu out of a car in the junk yard or that has been totaled in the rear or drivers side.

Old 12-12-2005, 10:17 AM

alright, thank you.. i'm gone have to call up my locoal pick and pull.. see if they got it..

Old 12-12-2005, 06:28 PM

ORIGINAL: tidus10

alright, thank you.. i'm gone have to call up my locoal pick and pull.. see if they got it..
Where are you from, I have a 4G63 turbo head that has been port matched and has a 5angle vale job, I have the 4G63 block (block needs a rebuild) and I also have a JDM galant VR4 Tranny

I have no use for them now that I am in Fl. the parts are at our Garage in Ma. though. I have been telling my budies we need to use them and build a monster since we have the main parts laying around but we cant untill we get a Big shop which wont be untill mid to late 06

Old 12-13-2005, 12:11 AM

i live in midstate NY (oswego to be exact) look for it on mapquest (area code: 13126) would the 4G63T head go on the 4G63 block easy? or first off would you sell? ( i can honestly say i dont know MUCH about cars.... so could you help me out on how exactly that would all work out...)(sry if i sound like a noob)

Old 12-13-2005, 12:53 AM

ORIGINAL: tidus10

i live in midstate NY (oswego to be exact) look for it on mapquest (area code: 13126) would the 4G63T head go on the 4G63 block easy? or first off would you sell? ( i can honestly say i dont know MUCH about cars.... so could you help me out on how exactly that would all work out...)(sry if i sound like a noob)
The head and block were both n a 91 GSX that ran a 12.9 at the track years ago the car blew its turbo and was parted out but we kept the block\head in hand. so yes the head fits the block as it should and yes the stuff is for sale, and really I can talk to the guy who has it to see what he wants for it all but as I said the block needs a rebuild it has roughly 130K on it and the head is freshly rebuilt as it is

Old 12-13-2005, 12:56 AM

how much is in a rebuild, would it be the same as a rebuild in a 2-4 stroke motor? (sry i have to relate to something i know)

Quick Reply: will this really work?