2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Window vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Window vibrations

If I had the $ I'd take it but I'm flat broke . Willdue how much power you lookin to shove into that Pyle? I have a small amp it's an alphasonik that I'll sell for a decent price.

Old 03-20-2006, 02:20 AM

the red top is enough ...the yellow is taking it over board. ..but you can correct me if im wrong

Old 03-20-2006, 02:47 AM
Super Moderator

All depends what you're doing. I don't remember the exact differences in the red and yellow tops...

Old 03-20-2006, 03:20 PM

i'm not saying your wrong or that i'm right, i just kno that with the yellow top battery, your car doesn't dim, i've got a friend with the same size amp as i do, and he has the yellow top batter and his lights don't dim at all. i guess it would all depend on the size of amp you have, the bigger it is, the more you would be in need of the yellow top. but who knows, maybe i'm completely wrong and just an idiot. haha

Old 03-20-2006, 03:59 PM

Hey guys, I own a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Ever since I got my car, I have had problems with it body wise. When I got it, the window was broken so I had it repaired, but then it broke again and now I am afraid it might bust due to the pressure on the window(driver side window). Also, never go through a car wash because even my window that has never been broken leaks, both sides of the car windows leak so I have to wash my car by hand. But, I checked a couple of days ago and I found my back hatch like open alittle bit, enough so can put your finger into the groove but it is closed. I was wondering if that is from my system in the back, i have two 10's Audiobahns that are powered my a JL Audio 6 channel amp. Also, my doors insides rattle like hell in the driver side door that has the broken window. I just need to fix my car and get it fix permanently. Does anybody know what I should do? Thanks.

Old 03-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

I'd suggest getting all your seals looked at and find a glass place that is competent... Sounds like the previous guy didn't know what he was doing. As for the pressure busting windows... Don't turn the stereo up that loud unless you have them cracked. Plain and simple. Besides that's an easy way to go deaf incredibly early. The rattling is likely glass pieces you'll need to vacuum them out to stop that.

Old 03-20-2006, 06:10 PM

I have problems with my steering will rattling when im going about 50-60 mph. But then when I go over 60 mph it stops shaking. Anyone know what the problem is?

Old 03-21-2006, 01:13 AM

i had a similar problem with my old car, i believe it could be one of these 3 things

1. you have a **** load of mud on the axel. (i went mudding w/ my old neon)
2. the axel is bent
3. one of your rims might be bent.

all of those things were wrong w/ my car and when i fixed all 3 it didn't shake anymore

other than that i don't kno what could cause it

Old 03-21-2006, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

Vibration in the wheel can be caused by different things. When your wheel shakes look at the RPM. replicat the RPM with the car in park or neutral. See if the shakes happen again.

Old 03-21-2006, 11:57 AM

th yellow top battery is top of the line ...its more for racing because it handles very well with a lot of vibration, and can be installed upside down if you wanted to , but the red top is just as good when it comes to powering, it isnt as good when it comes to withstanding things like extreme offroading, or driving extremly rough (dont get me wrong it will still outrun any other name brand battery just not the yellow top) ive never heard of anyone offroading in an eclipse anyway ....and the red top comes in two different sizes .....my old car used the smaller one( 33lbs) the larger one is i think 36 or 37 lbs....just some info

Quick Reply: Window vibrations