2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

is this worth buying? Help me out please

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Default RE: is this worth buying? Help me out please

Yah thats the problem. I cant look at it. Basically it's the guys word. It's been rear-ended before. Has never had crank-walk issues. No oil-pan leaks... everything works according to him.

Old 06-15-2007, 05:35 PM

Well, if it's been rear ended, I would be concerned about the extent of the damage. The body looks sound, but it's underneath that is the concern whether the damage goes as far as the body in front of the rear wheels. If the damage only goes as far as the bumper or after the rear wheels, then there shouldn't be any alignment issues. The SRS light may be on when you get it if the airbags were deployed.
Otherwise, IMO, you should be good to go. I would have flown there and driven it back though, but if work won't let you, then work won't let you.
Honestly, there's always risk when buying anything online. $7800 is a big lump of cash to risk, but it's not like you're buying something small. The car looks good, the motor seems good judging by the mods (you never know though), he seems to have pride in his car (which is a good sign), the price is fair, but I'm on the fence with this one.
How bad do you want this car? If it's worth it to you, then I say go for it.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:03 PM

Well yea I want it. I love the car... currently I have an 02 lancer and its working great, I guess I should ask about allignment and everything, but from what I've already talked to him about his car is in great condition. boost is at 12psi... no engine sounds. handling is way better compared to a Ralliart Lancer. Very fast. 0-90 like nothing. He's Definate on not going any lower than 7k. I've already tried to work it down. It WILL suck though if it is completely screwed up seeing as how my Lancer is fine.

I've never really heard complaints about Eagle Talons, as far as I know they're good quality and good performance cars.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:22 PM

The Eagle Talons are just a rebadge Mitsubishi Eclipse. So, if you've heard anything about them, you can be safe to say that it will happen to an Eagle also.

With the boost at 12psi, it sounds like this guy just wanted some steady upper RPM boost. It sounds to me like motor is fine.
I think you've already talked yourself into this car, lol.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:47 PM

I was just wanting to see whether you guys believe (from just reading) if the car would have any problems.

& The car was not in an accident. I just asked him. The engine was taken out of a 1998 Eclipse THAT WAS rear-ended. 1/4th of the car (Backside) was really smashed. Engine was in-tact.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:44 AM

Woah that pretty sick.. the painted black gsx rims.. didn't even catch it till silver mentioned it.

Old 06-16-2007, 10:06 AM

i have one question: here in California we have big time smog tests. do you think (by looking at the mods) that the car will pass a smog test? I'm trying to see if the car still has the cat. converter, if it doesnt then its a most def. non-pass.

Old 06-17-2007, 02:16 PM

bump. help w/ my ? plz ^^^^^^^^

Old 06-17-2007, 04:52 PM

ORIGINAL: AlexKing805

i have one question: here in California we have big time smog tests. do you think (by looking at the mods) that the car will pass a smog test? I'm trying to see if the car still has the cat. converter, if it doesnt then its a most def. non-pass.
in cali prob not lol

Old 06-17-2007, 05:15 PM
Banned

I remember seeing this car for sale. I thought what would **** me off if i was to aquire it.

Number 1) The 14b turbo... hmmm lil small.

2) Had a swap... 7 bolt... to ANOTHER 7 bolt with more miles. My guess is that he spun a bearing....

3) there is a big ole scratch on the side

4) for the work that was done... he is definatly asking a fair price... how ever.... its not the best build. Its too much for what the car actually is. I mean.. lets think about it... its got very minor mods.

If you are interested... i have been in touch with a guy that is selling his GSX with how ever many miles on it... with an INCREDIBLE mods list... and at least 2 grands worth of spare parts... in the form of a clutch kit and forged pistson + crank etc... all for 9k. The only thing i did not like about the car was the welded center differential. Now, thats really strong.. but you get wheel drag when you turn sharp at anything under 10mph... i could live with that. Not sure if its something that you give a **** about or not. Maybe its a little too modded for you (possibly 500 awhp)..

Quick Reply: is this worth buying? Help me out please