2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

WTF??? I'm gonna freak out!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 04:04 PM
Default WTF??? I'm gonna freak out!!!!

After two weeks and $1200, I got my car back. And I'm pissed. I still have the same problem. I bought a 190lph fuel pump, and when the car hits full boost, the car hiccups, the RPM's won't go up AT ALL, I can't gain ANY speed. I tried but i stopped b/c i didn't want to blow anything up. they didn't install the boost gauge like I asked them too, but I turned the boost down anyways. Could I have a boost leak? I still have the stock blow off valve...could that be the problem? I need help badly.

Old 06-16-2006, 04:26 PM
Default RE: WTF??? I'm gonna freak out!!!!

ORIGINAL: burnmyeyes

After two weeks and $1200, I got my car back. And I'm pissed. I still have the same problem. I bought a 190lph fuel pump, and when the car hits full boost, the car hiccups, the RPM's won't go up AT ALL, I can't gain ANY speed. I tried but i stopped b/c i didn't want to blow anything up. they didn't install the boost gauge like I asked them too, but I turned the boost down anyways. Could I have a boost leak? I still have the stock blow off valve...could that be the problem? I need help badly.
did you change the injectors?

Old 06-16-2006, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

Just hook up the boost guage yourself. Its extremely easy. Go to www.vfaq.com I dont think that the injectors will have much to do with it. Those should be fine. And if it was a boost leak you'd have more problems at low rpms as well, like around idle. Make sure that the MBC is hooked up correctly. Pics would be helpful

Old 06-16-2006, 04:46 PM

no. they are next on the list to buy. some 580ccs, afcII, greddy bov, and a fuel pressure regulator. Im sure one of these parts would fix my problem. Im very frustrated because I could of bought all these things but I had to pay an outragous bill pretty much just to get the interior lights working, b/c some dumbass who had the car before me cut out the cd changer and left the wires exposed and melted the whole rear body harness.

I was calling looking for a dyno, I was talking to this guy and he just gave me this whole lecture on turbos and whatnot.
He tried to explain to me that I might need to upgrade my wastegate also, but I really wasnt understanding. If someone could explain simply what it is and what it does I would appreciate it very much.

Old 06-17-2006, 07:38 AM

I don't think you need a new FPR with the 190lph pump.

Old 06-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

you shouldt need one

Old 06-18-2006, 01:05 PM

true. i think its only for the 255.

Old 06-19-2006, 10:58 AM

don't rule out a faulty install of the fuel pump. the grommet is very easy to tear.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

If it was doing this BEFORE the fuel pump install I don't think the new one is the problem. I also don't think the wastegate is your problem either. Check all your intercooler hoses and make sure the clamps are tight. check vac lines for breaks and tears.

Old 06-20-2006, 05:50 PM

The stock 2G bypass valves are leaky. I am selling a Greddy Type-S BOV if you are interested

Quick Reply: WTF??? I'm gonna freak out!!!!