3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

Body Kit and Painting questions NEWB

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 10:18 PM
Default Body Kit and Painting questions NEWB

Hello I just recently purchased a 2004 GTS eclipse. I was thinking about getting the blitz bodykit. I was wondering where and how much it would cost to get it professionally painted. How will this car handle in the winter? I am saving up for winter tires to put on my stock 17 inch rims that came with the car. Any feedback would be great.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:14 PM
Banned
Default RE: Body Kit and Painting questions NEWB

Okay, problems with that.

1) The bodykit painting and installation will costmore thantimes what the actual kit cost.
2) Along with the added $$$, you have to worry about every single speed bump and road stone. One little stone and you get a crack and it spiders out.
3) It can crack even from wind flex
4) On top of all this you are adding weight to the car and f-ing up the aerodynamics.. and making the car slower
5) They are ugly as ***** and very few like them.... what is the point?

There are just a million and one things you can spend the cash on. Like a nice carbon fibre hood, decent sound system, or if you want to be really ambitous, a set of low CR pistons and a turbo kit (the end cost will be about the same as a bodykit). The possibilities are endless.

Im not talking out of my *** either, im talking from personal experiance. I was there once too : )

Old 10-26-2007, 06:07 AM

yea man i agree 100% with sebba, it is a waste of money

Old 10-26-2007, 09:01 AM

Thanks guys. I'm not trying to make the car faster because I'm fine with the speed of it. I want to make it look nicer. I was also thinking about getting those scissor doors. I heard bad things about those to. I heard they can really mess up your paint if there not properly installed.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Banned

They can mess up a lot more than your paint.

If thats what you want, then do it. Have you ever thought about making it look totally mean as hell... not something that looks like yoru average honda or something?

What i would do, tint the windows, lower the car, get some Work Emotion CR KAi in Bronze (picture below), maybe a cold air intake, a nice full exhaust not just a tip, all the strut braces for the car, carbon fibre hood and what ever else, maybe some HID lights, possibly some nice suede racing seats.... the possibilities are endless. All these things are a functional, classy mods, and after you have finnished with all those, im sure it will still be cheaper than a bodykit, and it will look awesome.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6893/CFA9683B0FD44FBA9ECF37FC43031C10.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-26-2007, 09:40 PM

If you were to get a Blitz Body kit, you'd better get PolyUrethane or else you will reret life. PU flexes and doesn't crack, but driving it in the winter is a definate no no. The blitz front bumper hangs only about 2.5 inches off the ground, if not lower. I'd only get a front bumper because the stock side skirts look alright, and ALL of the rear bumper body kits look RICE. BTW IMO Carbon Fiber Hood = RICE!!!! just shows you're too cheap to paint it. *yes it can be painted, and the point of a carbon fiber hood isn't for the look of it, it's for the light weight and durability.*

Old 10-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Banned

Your too cheap to paint it... right... thats why you buy something more expensive than stock? Sorry i just think thats a crock of ****.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:52 AM

It's like buying an aluminum spoiler. Tell me there's a difference there between looking like **** and being OK. You pay for something you don't even need, just to shave like 25 pounds. 25 pounds = nothing , go on a diet!!!!

Old 10-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Banned

I think it looks decent. Its subtle, its not loud... its just a classy mod

Old 10-27-2007, 03:33 PM

A classy mod , yet we make fun of people who have a green hood on their red car. Mismatched colors that don't look alright is not cool. I could understand carbon fiber on a black car or I'd even settle for a dark Blue car, but carbon fiber on a brightly colored cars is ugly, even on some of the darker colors that are still in the WARM catagory. A miscolored car is VERY loud. It screams RICE!

Quick Reply: Body Kit and Painting questions NEWB