3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

Body Kit and Painting questions NEWB

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 10:48 PM
Default RE: Body Kit and Painting questions NEWB

he wasnt making fun of them, if anything he was defending them... and wingo, a carbon fiber hood can be 1 of 2 things, either an essential weight saving piece for a race car, or an aesthetic piece for cars that like the look. In the racing world everyone is saying "every little bit helps, shave off the weight where you can". and you cant paint a hood to make it REALLY look like carbon fiber, you can totally tell the difference. Like sebba said there is a big difference in a different colored carbon fiber hood, and just a different colored painted hood... if its for show then there is no point in painting it, then people wouldnt know it was carbon fiber, therefore defeating the whole purpose... if you dont like a carbon fiber hood, then dont get it for your car, plain and simple.... it's a great way to shave weight and look sweet while doing it... it's not just a different color, its got a pattern to it, and it's classy

Old 10-29-2007, 11:44 AM
Banned

Exactly what i said. Thank you.

Old 10-29-2007, 02:56 PM

i got yo back haha

Old 10-29-2007, 03:51 PM

I'm not even going to respond to this anymore since you guys just aren't getting the point to being unique with a purpose.

Old 10-29-2007, 05:08 PM
Banned

How is a carbon fiber hood not being unique with a purpose... weight, and nice looking.

Bodykit = generic, hard to maintain, pointless, heavy, tacky.

Old 10-29-2007, 06:27 PM

X2^^ if anything....... lip kits and lower

Old 10-29-2007, 08:10 PM

i have a 2000 eclipse with a fiberglass blitz body kit that i paintedand vertical doors that i installed, someone has hit my car and since it was fiberglass i easily fixed it, i drive my car year round and have no aerodynamic problems. it does scrape on some of the bigger dips but just go through them at an angle and you'll be fine, i've never had a problem with wind flex or my car slowing down and i have never had anyone say that they dont like my car in the 3 years that ive had it, i get compliments almost every time i get out of it, bottom line do what u want because that is all that matters

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2910618, this is my car but i do have new rims and have no complaints

Old 10-29-2007, 08:33 PM

the fact of the matter is it does add a considerable amount of weight, and if it were the stock bumper it would not have cracked and you would not have had to spend the money to fix it... and trust me, have you seen my old car? it was all about the body kit, so i'm just tellin y'all from experience... i couldnt wait until i got my new car just so i'd have all the stock outside!(and no, the side skirts in my sig are comin off, i have the stock bumpers and skirts)

Old 10-29-2007, 08:44 PM

i still have both of my bumpers and i cant tell much difference in the weight, 10 pounds atmost,i did research before i bought it, i got it from visionautodynamics, and they are the best fiberglass kits out there, i did notspend any money to fix it except for the fiberglass which didnt cost much at all and it didnt take much time to fix, i would never go back to my stock bumper

Old 10-29-2007, 08:48 PM

http://eclipseforums.org/ they have awnsered virtually every questions about 3g eclipses, and if you dont believe me, ask them, most of them know more than i do

Quick Reply: Body Kit and Painting questions NEWB