3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

Cant find a hole in the firewall PLEASE HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 04:43 AM
Default Cant find a hole in the firewall PLEASE HELP!!!

I own a 2003 eclipse gt and i cant find a spot in the firewall to put a 4g wire if anyone can tell me whare to put it threw that would be great cause it is really pissing me off

Old 05-07-2007, 04:46 AM
Default RE: Cant find a hole in the firewall PLEASE HELP!!!

If it doesnt have any holes avaible you can carefully drill one on the firewall and put one of those plastic rings to not hurt the cable.... someone might know bout a hole there... i dont since i dont have a 3g sorry

Old 05-07-2007, 05:13 AM

stupid guy brain, all i saw on the description was i can't find a hole.... yeah i know..

Old 05-07-2007, 05:14 AM

^ LOL nice, dont worry that happens to most of us when were all sleepy and dumb, the animal instinct haha

Old 05-07-2007, 08:03 AM

Do you have an automatic or manual?
If you have a V6 automatic, you can drill a hole to the right of the brake resevoir if you have the. If you have a manual V6, good luck, lol...just kidding -----> If you have the I4, then you should be able to get to the wire harness boot on the passenger side, you can do this with a manual V6 too, but it will be uber hard to get to, unless Mitsu completely redid their firewall design that is.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:10 AM

Yea it is the V6 manual. whare about is this wire harness boot on the passenger side. Thanks

Old 05-07-2007, 09:21 AM

Well, both mine and the 2G Eclipse is on the lower part of the firewall, by the crossmember. There has to be a wire harness boot though and I can't imagine it being drastically different...unless it's on the driver's side instead of the passenger side, lol.

If that fails, look under the dash, by the clutch pedal for a clear spot and also look in the engine bay to make sure that it is clear on the opposite side and drill from the inside. I like to find existing holes first though. 4 gauge isn't too terribly huge so using an existing hole shouldn't be too bad. It's routing the wire through the engine bay that can be a nightmare, lol.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:41 AM

Alright, so I did some more research and here's what I found out for you.
The firewall design was drastically changed as the motor harness goes through the driver's side fender and then into the cabin like this...
Original poster:04GT

There is not a very good place to run power wire through the firewall. A great place to run the wire is where Mitsubishi ran their own wire...down the left front fender.

These pictures and installation method were posted in another area by sexyclipse. I just added some text to explain a few points. The pictures show the fender removed from the car. It is not necessary to remove the fender, only the plastic splash guard under the fender. You don't have to remove the wheel, but it makes life easier just to get it out of the way to allow more movement.

Original Post.

So, you still have the option of drilling through the firewall or removing your driver's side fender like in the pic about, which is a 2004 Eclipse, btw.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:06 AM

Well thanks for the help guys now i can make my ears bleed with loud music. lol[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 05-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

just run it though the fender. Its alot easier

Quick Reply: Cant find a hole in the firewall PLEASE HELP!!!