3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

Headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 02:33 PM
Default RE: Headlights?

I have used both neon and leds. personally if you just want the ground to light up get the leds but if you want to have the light shine thru the grill and rim spokes get neons. I have installed both kinds and the install is pretty simple. first you need a ramp or jack to get under the car. then with a drill, drill the holding brackets on to the desired location. once you do that snap the lights into place and run the wires up to the battery your kit should come with a switch so connect the black wires to the ground and red to the red wires on the switch and then the white wire to the battery. that is pretty much all there is to it. just follow the wiring diagram and an hour later you will be done.

Old 05-10-2005, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

I've never needed a ramp or a jack but then again if the car is lowered then.... And I also have no problem getting the LEDs to shine through my bumper holes.

Old 05-11-2005, 10:07 AM

thanks yall that will be alot of help. when i get them i think i will get LED the wiring seems a little confusing but i think i can handle it w/ instructions, if not I have a friend that i think will be able to help me. thanks again

Old 05-11-2005, 10:19 AM

Sanguinius:
2nd thing is I dunno WHAT kind of led's Get is wiring but every set that I've done with the exception of the LEDs I put on my car they all came with 4 bulbs 2 long ones and 2 shorter ones.
Ok those bulbs you have have many Leds within it. i bet if you broke one open you would see what i am talking about. by strip i ment the "bulbs" you have.

Old 05-11-2005, 07:34 PM

I would get LED'S i had 2 sets of neons on my older car and both sets broke during the winter becuase they are fragile when cold..... i dont know where you live that might not be an issue, but my friend has LED'S they are way brighter and they all work and havent broken in 2 years cant beat that i would get LITEGLOW too they are brighter then street glow and you can get them for like 105$ at this website www.cardiscountstereos.com
They have a spot in that site where you can get neons its easy to find and all the wires plug into a box that has like 10 different patterns.

Old 05-11-2005, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator

LEDs are MUCH tougher. Not only that but the LED AND the neon lighting BOTH have the same amount of wires except the neon's will likely have a few more parts depending on brand the neon will require a transformer which will need mounted inside the engine compartment as well as a switch whereas the LEDs have one control box that has the power and the rest of the lighting controls on it. I think it's easier that way.

Old 05-15-2005, 12:12 PM

multiple Lightemittingdiodes A.K.A. LED

Old 05-15-2005, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

LOL yeah but you need to get high quality ones cuz if not the lower quality ons have "hotspots" basically eaning that the light from the individual LED bulbs can be seen each one making a spot and overlap not being great enough to make the light blend in to one another and give you a uniform brightness throughout the area of the bulb.

Old 05-15-2005, 03:39 PM

well the liteglow ones look really nice for the money and they have lasted more then 2 years they are mad bright and the glow is distributed evenly if you ask me......

Old 05-15-2005, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

Liteglow andStreetGlo Optix series are the best ones I think.

Quick Reply: Headlights?