3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

Many problems! Someone please help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Exclamation Many problems! Someone please help!

Hi Guys!

So I got several issues going on with my 2000 Eclipse, currently I have been having some major issues with shaking. I explained in one of the other posts that i am getting massive shaking when my car is in drive or reverse. You can especially feel it when its stopped at a stop light or a stop sign...does anyone know what could be the issue?

Also...I have been having some issues with this weird creaking noise, I really can't pin point it but it almost seems like its coming from the passenger strut. I get this odd creaking that I hear when I come to a stop and it has like a creaking door type noise. I hear it when my car is coming to a stop and it shifts into first gear. You don't really hear it when I go over any type of bumps.

And lastly, I am having some shifting issues...everytime when I go to increase my speed especially when it gets pasted 40 mph it does this weird shaking thing when going into 3rd gear if i punch it though it shifts fine. I checked my fluid and its all filled, what else can be the issue?

Sorry for some many question but I just wanna figure out whats wrong with the thing!!

Thanks so much!

Old 10-04-2010, 02:26 AM

It's probably your motor mounts ,mine does the same thing ..and it was my mounts ..creaking sound and all

Old 10-04-2010, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Puertorock58
It's probably your motor mounts ,mine does the same thing ..and it was my mounts ..creaking sound and all
Alright thanks So you're saying that the shifting issue also was a factor to this as well or just the creaking noise?

Old 10-06-2010, 10:04 AM

if it is an automatic, i would try doing a fluid flush and adding in an additive to the transmission. i have had cars (they werent an eclipse) that were both FWD and RWD that had issues with shaking going into certain gears, i did a fluid flush and added Lucas Oil to the tranny, now they run like they are new. you can get lucas oil at any autopart stores

Old 10-07-2010, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by snowmobiler168
if it is an automatic, i would try doing a fluid flush and adding in an additive to the transmission. i have had cars (they werent an eclipse) that were both FWD and RWD that had issues with shaking going into certain gears, i did a fluid flush and added Lucas Oil to the tranny, now they run like they are new. you can get lucas oil at any autopart stores
Excellent! I will def try that...does anyone have a tutorial as to how to do this, I have an idea but I just like to have a reference to look onto to make sure everything is going smoothly and as far as the motor mounts go Ill have to get them looked at, Im a little upset because I just got them replaced a couple months ago and I cannot believe they would have broke.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by fizzwhiz1
Excellent! I will def try that...does anyone have a tutorial as to how to do this, I have an idea but I just like to have a reference to look onto to make sure everything is going smoothly and as far as the motor mounts go Ill have to get them looked at, Im a little upset because I just got them replaced a couple months ago and I cannot believe they would have broke.

Anyone have ideas? Also to add to it, I have noticed once the car has been driven a couple of times the creaking faints or disappears, especially when it is warm out. But it really creaks when I shift down gears when coming to a stop (its an automatic). If anyone has ideas or anything to add PLEASE let me know!!!

Old 10-31-2010, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Guys!

So I got several issues going on with my 2000 Eclipse, currently I have been having some major issues with shaking. I explained in one of the other posts that i am getting massive shaking when my car is in drive or reverse. You can especially feel it when its stopped at a stop light or a stop sign...does anyone know what could be the issue?)
Sounds like the motor mounts to me. Known problem with those cars

Also...I have been having some issues with this weird creaking noise, I really can't pin point it but it almost seems like its coming from the passenger strut. I get this odd creaking that I hear when I come to a stop and it has like a creaking door type noise. I hear it when my car is coming to a stop and it shifts into first gear. You don't really hear it when I go over any type of bumps.
Probably the brake pads. But its hard to tell you without hearing it.

And lastly, I am having some shifting issues...everytime when I go to increase my speed especially when it gets pasted 40 mph it does this weird shaking thing when going into 3rd gear if i punch it though it shifts fine. I checked my fluid and its all filled, what else can be the issue?
When was the last time you changed the fluids. That would be my guess. This all just sounds like general maintenance issues that should be done on a car

Old 01-05-2011, 02:44 PM

Excellent! Thank you everyone for the replies, I did take it and it did end up being motor mounts, I now have one more that needs to be replaced, another $500 ugh and as far as the fluid flush I am going to need to get on that soon...

I was wondering if you guys would be able to help me with one more thing...lately I have been having this weird idling problem. Whenever I am stopped at red light or even when I am parked or in netural my car will idle fine but then all of a sudden my idle will drop below the line and it almost feels like my cars going to stall and it does that for a 5 seconds and it isn't constant it does it every once in a while. Anyone have ideas of what sensor that may be or maybe another issue? I need to get a coolant flush because my heat is going in and out as well as the current coolant in it is turning brown. If anyone would be able to assist that would be great!

Thanks

Old 01-06-2011, 09:47 PM

Depending on how many miles you have on the car (and with it being a 2000 im guessing way over 150k) flushing the trany can hurt more than help i would just drain and replace the fluids inless you are getting it rebuilt.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Twoky
Depending on how many miles you have on the car (and with it being a 2000 im guessing way over 150k) flushing the trany can hurt more than help i would just drain and replace the fluids inless you are getting it rebuilt.
Oh alright thanks I do need that changed I just haven't gotten around to it. My eclipse actually has 119,000 miles on it so would a flush still be harmful?

Quick Reply: Many problems! Someone please help!