3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 09:53 PM
Default RE: moderator

yes he is.

Old 01-18-2006, 10:15 PM

ya, my parents are completely against the turbo, anyone know any non-performance related benefits to havin one to help convince them???

Old 01-18-2006, 10:54 PM

better gas milage? and if all elts fails.. just make something up and tell them you love em?

Old 01-19-2006, 12:05 AM

ORIGINAL: tidus10

better gas milage? and if all elts fails.. just make something up and tell them you love em?
well gas milage will be worse. but you could say the value of the car will be more (which isnot true either) really you can peice a kit together easily and slowly. just buy part by part as you get money saved.

Old 01-19-2006, 07:44 PM

ya tidus, i've already used that many times, it's beginning to wear out

Old 01-19-2006, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator

Tell them street value will increase and fuel economy will be better (More air in the engine the more fuel burns instead of wasting the gas in the exhaust...) then tell them that it'll help the environment in that sense as well (Less gas in the air?)... If all that doesn't work inform them that you plan on being a mechanic when you get out of school or that you're going to go to a school to be a mechanic and what better way to learn than hands on right? LOL

Old 01-20-2006, 12:20 AM

i like that excuse...nice thinking sang....

or you can always be like "but when i was growing up i always wanted a car with a turbo and now i have the choice you guys wont let me.. (tear up now!)" then while all teary spill out all of the above 'facts' .. oh yeah then plan on getting a turbo :-p

heh ya never know it might just work

Old 01-20-2006, 12:36 AM

in the spring time i should have all the parts to put in onto your car, so you wont need to spend all that much

Old 01-20-2006, 01:50 PM

i was talking bout it to my dad and he said he would think about letting me do it ova the summer, but niether he or my mom would let me use the garage for that long, so i'd probably have to fit it in to a day or two, ya think thats possible???

Old 01-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Yikes.. a day or 2??? Better stock up on No Doze and plan for an all nighter... Invite a few friends over get a case of beer.... LOL call it a weekend MAYBE it'll all get done... Depends on the problems you run into and the expierience of the people doing the work. Remember you'll be drilling the oil pan (Can we say OIL CHANGE?) for the coolant lines, you'll have to install a new exhaust setup as well as teh turbo, either a new ECU that is set for a turbo or some type of system to accomodate and compensate for the new readings the turbo provides, guages, I/C and all associated piping, new intake and the turbo itself. It's not a small job. You MIGHT want to think about finding somewhere where you'll have a good solid week to dork with it in case any problems arise. That way you provide for unknown problems, retail store times to get parts you forgot/broke, amongst anything else that may pop up.

Quick Reply: moderator