3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

no power windows or top? help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 04:28 PM
Default no power windows or top? help!!

hey, hopin someone can point me in the right direction, last night, all of a sudden as far as i know none of my windows worked, except the drivers door. but now i've swapped a couple relays and stuff, and now none work, and neither does the convertable top. is there fuses anywhere besides the left end of the dash and under hood?

damascus76@hotmail.com

Old 04-07-2006, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: no power windows or top? help!!

Sounds like you've got a bad/sticky relay... Or even a loose connector...

Old 04-07-2006, 04:56 PM

it would be the one under the hood then i guess right? theres a convert fuse on the end of the dash, (20a) but its good, and then all that under the hood, but i took the relay with the same numbers from the brights and put it where the windows relay is suppposed to be and it did nothing. am i looking in the wrong spot?

Old 04-07-2006, 05:01 PM

did you do any work in your trunk prior noticing the problem In the first place??

Old 04-07-2006, 05:03 PM

yeah actually.. pulled out a sub and amp, k this is the girlfriends car.. i pulled out a sub and amp and now shes packed it full of other ****, just stuff.. not sure whats all there

Old 04-07-2006, 05:06 PM

ok go into the trunk and the drivers side taillight pull down the carpet there is a switch there where the bolts to the taillight is and the switch is Auto\Manual for your power to your top that also may be a part of the window trouble but maybe not. the problem may be more than being that easy though but try that first

Old 04-07-2006, 05:14 PM

didn't work.. if i put it on manual i can push it open sorta.. but back to auto and nothin..switch is properly connected, gotta dig out them little metal clips that fell i think to put it back in there tho. lol. any other ideas? thanks..

Old 04-07-2006, 05:16 PM

ORIGINAL: 01spydervert

didn't work.. if i put it on manual i can push it open sorta.. but back to auto and nothin..switch is properly connected, gotta dig out them little metal clips that fell i think to put it back in there tho. lol. any other ideas? thanks..
you checked all the fuses? what did you do that caused the one window that was working to stop working now? and was the switch in auto or manual when you checked that out?

Old 04-07-2006, 05:22 PM

it only said manual, but its a rocker switch and if auto was written on it, it would be that side that was pushed down, so i assume thats ok, i put it to manual and tried it and it seems to be normal.. im not sure what i did to stop the driver window from workin.. the old guy came out and ran a wire from 1 terminal to the other under the windows relay, and the drivers window worked.. but if i put a relay from say the lights, with the same numbers on it in there, nothing now.. same with the old relay, doesnt do anything. i assume the little button above the window controls on the driverside should be pushed down (window lock or something) i always try it both ways, but im pretty sure it was down)

Old 04-07-2006, 05:25 PM

the button pushed in locks the window it will lock except the drivers window. when you hit the button for the top does the motor for the roof make any sounds at all like it trys to move?

Quick Reply: no power windows or top? help!!