3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

Performance parts and every day driving

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Default Performance parts and every day driving

Hey guys. I am new to this forum. I am considering buying a 2000 Eclipse GT 5speed. But out of the factory, they aren't near fast enough for me. I don't have the extra money to soup up a nice car, and have another car on the side for my ordinary driving. So I was wanting soup up an eclipse, but I would want it to dependable and last me quite awhile. When and if I buy the car, the first things I plan on doing it installing headers, exhaust, short throw kit, cold air intake, and possibly a chip. But I'm just not sure that will give me the edge that im' wanting. I woudln't think those modifications would effect the life of the engine. My question is, would it effect the life of the engine if I went ahead and put a turbo, cam gears, throttle bodys, and maybe NOS(i would prolly never use it but like once every 3 or 4 months for serious race or for the track). What other modifications would you guys reccommend?

Old 03-25-2006, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Performance parts and every day driving

well if you are on a budget then you can never get a 3g to have the speed i think that you are looking for. But if you somehow have the money to do it then the best place to look for a 3g turbo kit is going to be www.tearstone.com he has been making turbos for the 3g for a while now and they have been proven to last and to give the car a significacant edge.

Old 03-25-2006, 08:17 PM

mods to make the 3G last... headers full exhaust and intake then call it a day oh and an SAFCII dyno tuned.

Turbo can last a while but it is not very boost friendly per say.

Old 03-27-2006, 03:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Justin06

Hey guys. I am new to this forum. I am considering buying a 2000 Eclipse GT 5speed. But out of the factory, they aren't near fast enough for me. I don't have the extra money to soup up a nice car, and have another car on the side for my ordinary driving. So I was wanting soup up an eclipse, but I would want it to dependable and last me quite awhile. When and if I buy the car, the first things I plan on doing it installing headers, exhaust, short throw kit, cold air intake, and possibly a chip. But I'm just not sure that will give me the edge that im' wanting. I woudln't think those modifications would effect the life of the engine. My question is, would it effect the life of the engine if I went ahead and put a turbo, cam gears, throttle bodys, and maybe NOS(i would prolly never use it but like once every 3 or 4 months for serious race or for the track). What other modifications would you guys reccommend?
1. there is no chip for the 3G
2. its called Nitrous...not NOS. NOS is the name of a company that sells a nitrous kit.
3. https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_39912/tm.htm
4. how much money are you willing to spend?