3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

Pulled the trigger

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006 | 01:52 AM
Default Pulled the trigger

Hi guys,
Well after months of searching I pulled the trigger on a 2001 Eclipse Spyder gt. It's red with tan top and interior. 30,000 miles, paid 13,000. I think I got a descent deal. This is my first Eclipse and am looking forward to some mods. Not performance, more for looks and comfort. I am hoping you guys can steer me in the right direction for some inexpensive mods. What or who to avoid. Don't have alot of money but a few things I want first off is some nice euro lights and maybe some new rims. I would love to get the tonneu (sp?) cover to make it a 2 seater or a light bar. Someday, maybe. It does have a kick *** head unit. Pioneer supertuner. Sounds great, hits hard. Any input would be much appreciated. I'll get some pics together once the weather stays nice for more than a day. Thanks, Jeff

Old 03-12-2006 | 02:08 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Pulled the trigger

well if you only really want looks i kinda like the dark tail lights, not the blacked out but the altezza one's. I really hate any chome euro's. to me they are ugly. But everyone has there own preference. And when it comes to looks i think everyone will agree, there is no right or wrong, as long as its quality parts. Another good looks item is headlights. Get some nice projectors. Here is a good pic of what they would look like (on the silver eclipse)
https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_51631/tm.htm
If you want to go with some fun stuff. Many people having painted the dashboards and heat vents , ect. That can look good if you do it right.

Old 03-12-2006 | 09:45 AM
Default RE: Pulled the trigger

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

well if you only really want looks i kinda like the dark tail lights, not the blacked out but the altezza one's. I really hate any chome euro's. to me they are ugly. But everyone has there own preference. And when it comes to looks i think everyone will agree, there is no right or wrong, as long as its quality parts. Another good looks item is headlights. Get some nice projectors. Here is a good pic of what they would look like (on the silver eclipse)
https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_51631/tm.htm
If you want to go with some fun stuff. Many people having painted the dashboards and heat vents , ect. That can look good if you do it right.
alright so off my eclipses john lol. The light bad is the way to go those look really good on the sypders. but for comfort and ride quality I would ssay do all the suspension the 3G is horrible at handling it has bad body roll