3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006 | 02:23 AM
Default suspension

Its me agian.
My 2001 3g eclipse gt.

Im planing to drop my car. And i was looking to buy the suspension(springs, shocks, struts). When i looked on line i saw shock absurbers for the back and struts for the front. And when i check out my car i found out that i have Sturt all around. SO what do i do. Get left front and right front, in front and back. Or they sell back left and back right sturts also.

Old 01-30-2006 | 10:51 AM
Default RE: suspension

https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_39912/tm.htm <~~ its a stickied topic at the top of the forum.

you have struts in the front, shocks in the rear.

Old 01-30-2006 | 12:12 PM

nop i dont, i can show the pics i have struts all around. I was susprised as well.

Old 01-30-2006 | 12:15 PM

ORIGINAL: russianmafia000

nop i dont, i can show the pics i have struts all around. I was susprised as well.
if you still have the stock suspension, then its struts in the front, shocks in the back. if it is an aftermarket suspension, then who knows.

Old 01-30-2006 | 01:22 PM

its not after market im sure, well not 100% sinse it is Used car. but when i went to the mechanic he told me its strut all around. If u want , ill take the pictures and when i get home from school ill post them. So that you could see what i got.

I need to find out what to do. Cause i want to drop my car and i dont even know what to get. I was about to buy KYB shock ab for the back and for the front KYB struts. But after my friend told me to check make sure that i have everything in order , i realised i didnt have shocks AB in the back it was stuts. So i went to the mechanic and he told me that i got Sruts all around.

Old 01-30-2006 | 01:52 PM

its not after market im sure, well not 100% sinse it is Used car. but when i went to the mechanic he told me its strut all around. If u want , ill take the pictures and when i get home from school ill post them. So that you could see what i got.

I need to find out what to do. Cause i want to drop my car and i dont even know what to get. I was about to buy KYB shock ab for the back and for the front KYB struts. But after my friend told me to check make sure that i have everything in order , i realised i didnt have shocks AB in the back it was stuts. So i went to the mechanic and he told me that i got Sruts all around.
if it is the stock suspension, theres no need to take pictures. i have seen the stock suspension. i took mine off when i put on my KYB AGXs. if you look at the "Upgrade Options for the 3G" that i posted at the top, you will see a group buy for the KYB AGX/Eibach Prokit combo. you won't find a better price than that one. and it will work. i got my combo from that link and everything worked great.

and as stated in the factory service manual, the rear has shocks. so if you have struts on you rear, then they are aftermarket struts and they are wrong.

Old 01-30-2006 | 08:06 PM

that group buy combo is still on...wow that thing is years old. I remember thinking about it for my GS a while back lol.

But it sounds like your mechanic just said it that way cuz it is easier most people wouldnt know the differnce thats why but eclipsed4u is right 1st hand experience

Old 01-30-2006 | 08:43 PM

well im not making it up what can i say. What Should i do. about it. How do i go about droping my car??? Give me some sugestions.

Old 01-30-2006 | 10:51 PM

well im not making it up what can i say. What Should i do. about it. How do i go about droping my car??? Give me some sugestions.
my suggestion....go to the link that i posted in the second post. scroll down until you see the "suspension" section. there is a group buy for the AGX/prokit combo. its very cheap. there are tons of eclipses with this combo and no complaints.

this is unless you have a ****load of money to waste, in that case, choose the JIC magic A2s(also in the suspension section).

i did that write-up for this exact question.

Old 01-31-2006 | 03:47 PM

i just talked to KYB , and they told me that thats not possible that it was stock, they talled it was modified before for lowering or somthing alse. NOt sure what. SO i guess i dont have to buy new suspension just new springs. ( so eclsipe u are right it was modifide before i bough the car.)

By the way any sugestion how low i should go..... NJ

Quick Reply: suspension