3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

What a mess! '03 eclipse gs

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Unhappy What a mess! '03 eclipse gs

I recently totaled my '01 and picked up this '03 in the same week thinking it was a great deal. here's a few things i'm having crazy issues with...

i guess the biggest issue is the fuse box under the hood, if someone could PLEASE!!! post a picture of it, with the cover off, and also the bottom of it where all the wires run in. it looks like someone tried rewiring a bunch of **** and alot of the wires don't match up. and i'm pretty sure there may be some relay's missing.

also, when hooked to the computer, it throws the p1610 code which is immobilizer ecu or whatever. looking into it i guess that may be the reason which is doesn't start. the fuel pump doesn't turn on, there is no spark, but the engine will crank.
i pulled the tumbler, immobilizer, and ecu from my '01 and put it in the '03. that may have been a longshot, does anybody know if that would work? i mean theoretically if the fuse box wasn't hacked up.

i've checked multiple wiring diagrams and forums but just can't get the diagram running into that fusebox and the specific relays that should be in.

PLEASE HELP!!

Old 10-06-2012, 11:50 AM

will post pictures of what i'm working with later, there were 3 thick black wires with red tracers that were snipped and hanging in there. along with a couple of thing red and thin green wires that were hooked to completely different colors...