3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

why not supercharge it?

Old 09-23-2005, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: why not supercharge it?

I dunno I would think that even if the Eclipse were taking business away from the Evo what's it really matter they're both Mitsu and maybe some of us poor saps would rather have the Eclipse body instead of the lancer? I dunno just my thoughts on the whole idea.

Old 09-23-2005, 04:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

I dunno I would think that even if the Eclipse were taking business away from the Evo what's it really matter they're both Mitsu and maybe some of us poor saps would rather have the Eclipse body instead of the lancer? I dunno just my thoughts on the whole idea.
You have to consider two things though.

1. Mitsu has the eclipse for people who like to "cruise", and the evo for people who want performance. If both cars offer performance, then the people who want that will choose one or the other, while people who just want a cruising car will look elsewhere.

2. If the eclipse was supercharged, it would be very expensive and not too many could afford it. The top of the line eclipse is already around $28k, almost as much as an evo, and if it were supercharged, not only would it cost more, but all it could do was drag race because the frame was not designed to handle well around a track like the evo.

Old 09-24-2005, 10:55 AM

ORIGINAL: DSMTalonAWD51

You have to consider two things though.

1. Mitsu has the eclipse for people who like to "cruise", and the evo for people who want performance. If both cars offer performance, then the people who want that will choose one or the other, while people who just want a cruising car will look elsewhere.

2. If the eclipse was supercharged, it would be very expensive and not too many could afford it. The top of the line eclipse is already around $28k, almost as much as an evo, and if it were supercharged, not only would it cost more, but all it could do was drag race because the frame was not designed to handle well around a track like the evo.
x2 The eclipse is seen as a kid car. If it were s/c it would prolly upp the price abou 10g, for that money, 39g's you could get a sti, vett, cobra, used prosha, nice bmw. The thing is no one wants to spend alot on the eclipse. That was one of the major porblems with the gsx, the price tag was tooo high.

Old 09-24-2005, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

It doesn't matter either way mitsu needs to do SOMETHING to save thier bacon or they'll be going bankrupt before long here.

Old 10-12-2005, 10:50 PM

well i dont know much about superchargers but i do know that most of the people around me with turbo kits on their car do better in the street races then those with superchargers. with a bigger engine the twin turbos seem to work great and with 4 bangers plain old turbo kits give a nice boost to be honest id rather see the 6 cylinder with twin turbos then with the supercharger but maby thats just me

Old 10-12-2005, 11:18 PM
Super Moderator

Wow ANOTHER old @$$ thread come back to haunt us.

Old 10-12-2005, 11:57 PM

ORIGINAL: eclipse93gs
well i dont know much about superchargers

Apparently you dont know much about turbos either.

but i do know that most of the people around me with turbo kits on their car do better in the street races then those with superchargers.

boosted civic vs kb cobra?

with a bigger engine the twin turbos seem to work great and with 4 bangers...

WTF were your trying to say here? Twin turbo 4 cyl, possible but not feseable. Meaning its more work to make it happen and the results are the same with a big turbo.

honest id rather see the 6 cylinder with twin turbos then with the supercharger but maby thats just me

If you dont feel this way raise your right hand....

Old 10-13-2005, 01:11 AM

it seems that eclipse93gs is going and posting in every topic he can find.

Old 10-13-2005, 01:14 AM
Super Moderator

I wonder if 93GS is related to Nontoxic who has since disappeared...

Old 10-13-2005, 01:17 PM

I wonder if 93GS is related to Nontoxic who has since disappeared...
good call on that one...but i don't know. remember Nontoxic said he knows alot about cars(which we proved wrong)....and 93GS said he doesn't much about superchargers(and obviously, he doesn't know much about anything other than what F&F/2F2F taught him)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: why not supercharge it?