4th Generation This includes all Eclipses built in 2006 and 2007.

2008 Eclipse Spyder Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 01:38 PM
Default 2008 Eclipse Spyder Owners

I thought I start a new thread for all newbies who ownsthe new 2008 Eclipse Spyder!
What do you think?
I love the car plain and simple, I upgraded from my 2006 4 cyl. First off, fuel differences.
The 4 cyl. got about 350 miles in the (city) per regular gastank full. I'm talking real time fuel mileages here.
The 6 cyl. gets about280 miles in the (city) and 350highway,remember this new GT, It takes Premium only! Something to consider, if you haven't done so already. On my 4 cyl a rock came up and smashed out my AC coil it cost about 800 dollars to replace. Lucky enoughmy insurance company replaced it, the lesson here is to install a aftermarket lower grill!! I have one on the way.The button that releases the gear shift got stuck a couple of times and there is a strange clicking noise each time you drive away that they say is normal. Maybe that damn ghostcat keeps running out in front? Who knows! The Drop top is smooth and works great! The Hydraulics are loud but really who cares! Check out my seat belt thread to disable it, trust me it will drive you insane!! It never stops even if your in park!!

I'm lowering it 2" next week and will post new pictures as soon as I take them. If you have lowered yours let me know and tell me what you think! I will post a new thread on Lowered 2008 Spyders so the search engines find them. I can't find a single one if you know of any pictures or reviews on private owners please post! Thanks!

UPDATE: new picture and probably the only 2008 lowered Spyder with 20" Donz right now
It's got a 2" dropEibach Sportlines no need for camber kits! it's still in spec! The rims are 8.5inches wide in the front and 10" in the rear. Honestly you can put 22"s and they will fit I have plently of room and it's dropped 2" go figure? Now for the ride?? HARD!! no rubbing though and full turning!

The pictures don't do any justice. Buy a set of the deepest dish rims you can find and put them on, you will turn heads all day, trust me! I get more compliments than my lexus! Even older people come up to me and tell me. Thats Hawt!

Next is a HID upgrade. I got 15k Purple HIDs coming in on Friday I'm wondering how that is gonna work out? Humm Stay tuned! More Pictures.

If anyone has gotten the 15k Purple HIDs please respond to my thread and tell me what you think about them?

Update on HID's: The purple is nice but it's definitely a lower light output since it's close to a blacklight for making things glow. a blacklight is around 40k so almost half way to a blacklight. I still haven't figured out the day running light issue. On the 08 the removal of that second pin doesn't work on my module. I'm temporarly using the highbeam output to ignite the HID's.

The pictures below are the same car just in different light.

(Before) with 18's
[IMG]local://upfiles/15406/68D14DD7CC08445E8DDDCD17FF57A31F.jpg[/IMG]

(After) Dropped 2" with 20's Rims (Hard Ride but no tire wear)
[IMG]local://upfiles/15406/F9F5500E2A8D4A8BB0AB727C05DAD2F3.jpg[/IMG]