4th Generation This includes all Eclipses built in 2006 and 2007.

Difference in price

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Default Difference in price

I have delt with many car dealers, and I have to say with Mitsubishi dealers the last couple of days has been frying my brain.
I went to buy a 2007 Eclipse fairly locally and this ***** was going to give me only $800 for my car and not drop any on the sticker price! My car has a trade in value of like $2000 and I know all of the things I have done to it put it wayyyy higher than that in retail. Called another dealer, sent him a ton of pics, and he was going to give me $3300 and drop the price some on the sticker. Same model 2007's. The only thing is that the one with the best deal is going to be alot further away. But I dont know many tricks of car salesman but Im wondering why there is such a difference in dealers. I told all my friends about it and they are as shocked as I am KNOWING that my car is in damn good shape. I told that one ******* that if a 11 year old Eclipse depreciates to a few hundred bucks, theres no way Im buying a new one. The new one would depreciate at like $2000 a year based on his ****in thinking!

Old 09-11-2006, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Difference in price

Well one of the things is that mods on a car will do you nothing to a dealer. They would rather have one that is stock than modded. But as far as the difference in dealers. I guess its really just all in the management. What i would do is see if they will price match. Show them proof that the other place will give you that price and wee what they do then. If they really want the commission themselves then they might do it for ya.

Old 09-11-2006, 09:39 AM

It is all about how much money they can make. If you don't want to travel, then take the deal from the farther away dealership and go to the close one. Tell him this. "Now that you have given me your first pencil, which was crap, I want a deal better than this, or I leave." Then give him the terms. If he does not beat the price, then leave. They did not want your business anyway. My best friend sells cars. You go in with the deal you think you should get, and if it is reasonable then you should leave with a new car, if you have a good salesman.

Old 09-11-2006, 11:29 AM

well Im coming into my settlement money soon for getting hurt at work and Ill have the cash, or damn near all of it and I WILL be buying a new Eclipse. I know my simple mods wont do anything to the dealer but the car looks damn good and runs even better. I was more insulted than anything, I mean come on, $800? But I will take advice because Im not very good with bargaining. Id just like to know how much I should bargain, I dont know what kind of a markup these things have.

Old 09-11-2006, 11:55 AM

If you want it local get a printed quote or written from somewhere else that is giving you a better deal and bring it to them and say do better or I walk and they will get you what you want.

That is how I got my EVO, they were asking $26k for it with 12000 miles, I was also looking a a red one with 2500 miles for $23k and no options(IE sunroof rain gaurdes) and they offered me 11k for my 2002 Spyder GT eclipse with 42k on the clock.. so I printed the add and went to the dealer who had the black one and said look cut me a better deal or ill walk (the red one was 100 miloes away so I didnt want to travel) they quickly talked to the manager and came back with $21995 and and were going to give me $13k for my trade now and they also got me into a credit union loan in order to hook me up with the "special rate" at 4.9% when average was about 7%. if they dont want to do any thing for you leave your number and be like well they want my business elsewhere and not even 5 minutes later your gonna get a call if you even get out the door

Old 09-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

You have to be good at talking to people though. Because mike is one of those people that can get anyone into doing anything

Old 09-11-2006, 12:26 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

You have to be good at talking to people though. Because mike is one of those people that can get anyone into doing anything

and THAT is where I suck. I actually thought I did ok the other day but apparently not. He was just a ****er IMO. He even test drove my car and was amazed at how good of shape it was in for a 95. what a dicksucker!

Old 09-11-2006, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

i really think that with the printouts of other places youll change their mind easily

Old 09-12-2006, 03:05 AM

why dont you sell your car locally,paper,or even ebay?im positive you will get much more than $800.start by asking $2k obo,thats what i would do

Old 09-12-2006, 02:09 PM

I sell cars for a living.. email me some info and I can work something for you bud... I will get you a sweet deal..

Quick Reply: Difference in price