4th Generation This includes all Eclipses built in 2006 and 2007.

Mistubishi 2006 gs

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Mistubishi 2006 gs

Dude that's something you don't even want to consider. That's a trans swap not to mention adding in all the gear to be an AWD vehicle. Another tranfer case and replacing a whole axle. EXPENSIVE as well as difficult.

Old 01-08-2006, 01:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

Dude that's something you don't even want to consider. That's a trans swap not to mention adding in all the gear to be an AWD vehicle. Another tranfer case and replacing a whole axle. EXPENSIVE as well as difficult.
not to mention it would probaly be impossible to do without haveing custom driveshafts ect ect

Old 01-08-2006, 01:23 PM

ORIGINAL: solid102

Antoerh question for you guys I have never tuned a car but is it possible to make the engine send power to all wheels meaning front and back like the evolution without changing the engine.
i would suggest that for the next week, you do nothing but read every post in the forum. even though you won't find much about the 4G eclipse, its all the same theory with the other eclipses. it seems that you know next to nothing about cars, so i suggest that you do TONS of research before you decide to even touch your car.

PS. power to all wheels is call All-Wheel Drive. Your eclipse is a FWD. you will have to make extensive modifications to make your eclipse an AWD eclipse.

Old 01-08-2006, 07:16 PM

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

Antoerh question for you guys I have never tuned a car but is it possible to make the engine send power to all wheels meaning front and back like the evolution without changing the engine.
i would suggest that for the next week, you do nothing but read every post in the forum. even though you won't find much about the 4G eclipse, its all the same theory with the other eclipses. it seems that you know next to nothing about cars, so i suggest that you do TONS of research before you decide to even touch your car.

PS. power to all wheels is call All-Wheel Drive. Your eclipse is a FWD. you will have to make extensive modifications to make your eclipse an AWD eclipse.
Alright hommie if it helps.

Old 01-08-2006, 11:32 PM

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

Alright hommie if it helps.
well it will help you from asking questions that have been askedd 100 times over then you can post if you dont find an answer ya know....as far as that goes I dont think we have discussed swapping AWD into a 06 eclipse yet other than the Ralliart GSX