4th Generation This includes all Eclipses built in 2006 and 2007.

Value of the Premium Sport Package on the 06 GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 03:39 PM
Default Value of the Premium Sport Package on the 06 GT

At first I though they were getting me with the $3200 sticker price for this package but I had to have that Rockford stereo. But if you take into account the leather seats (at least $2000) and the sound system (worth over a $1000), it may not be a bad deal especially if you didnt pay list price. And is there anything cooler than the blue lights in the stereo at night? Thoughts?

Old 10-12-2005, 04:57 PM
Default RE: Value of the Premium Sport Package on the 06 GT

i have seen the stock system and i think go witout the system for $1000 you could have a system that would eat that P.O.S. rockford ****gate system now the seats i like the leather look other than the fact they make your back sweat.

Old 10-12-2005, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

I like the leather as well but also as it gets older the leather is gonna get that crackly look and I personally feel that it looks like poop later in life. (I think in the long term sorry lol)

Old 11-11-2005, 08:31 PM

Here's what that 3200 is going towards; One-touch power sunroof with vent feature; Eight-way-adjustable (six power) driver's seat; 650-watt (max.) Rockford Fosgate® 6-CD audio system with nine speakers, including a ten-inch trunk-mounted subwoofer; Steering wheel-mounted audio controls; 18-inch seven-spoke alloy wheels; Alloy pedals; Auto dimming rear view mirror; Automatic air-conditioning; Heated power-adjustable side view mirrors; Leather-surfaced heated front seats

Old 11-11-2005, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator

That's not bad at all... And all the stuff is installed by the factory so with things like the sun roof you won't have to worry about the possibility of leaks from an inexperienced fool installing it.

Old 11-12-2005, 01:38 AM

I purchased the 2006 GT with the sports pack. I personally feel it was well worth it. I figure if you are going to spend that much money on a good looking car you might as well go all the way. However, it's not for everyone.

The Rockford Fosgate system sucks *** in my opinion. It might sound good to your average listener or someone who has always had a crappy factory deck but it really blows for anyone who likes loud, clear music. I knew when I purchased the sport pack that the system was going. I'm not saying that I am one of those guys into putting 20 subs in a car but I do like my music to be loud, bangin and clear. I found the Fosgate system really strained when pushed at all. I just finished putting two 12 inch Phoenix Gold subs in the car and removing the Fosgate 10 inch. I also replaced the six speakers in the car with JBL speakers. I have one amp running the highs and one amp running the two subs. Like anything, depending on the money you are willing to spend, you can go pretty cheap and get a decent sound or you can go crazy and wake the dead. I choose to go in between and I am quite happy. There is lots of bass (thank you hatch back) but the sound is well rounded with piercing highs. I have a really nice Panasonic deck I wanted to put in the car but I had to stick with the factory Fosgate deck because there is no kit available to change out the deck. The only good thing about the Fosgate deck is that it has a six disc MP3 player. The drawbacks include: 1) no cool visual display 2) the song titles and artists are not displayed so you always have to be referring to the CD cover which sucks when it's an MP3 CD and your driving 3) The deck keeps time on individual tracks of a CD but if you have a one hour music set it does not display whether you are at 5 minutes or 50 minutes into the set. This is the case even when you start fast forwarding or rewinding. 4) You have to be very careful that you wait patiently when you load and eject CD's. If you try to speed up the process, the turntable becomes misaligned. I'm not sure if this is what I did but I already had the table misalign which gives you an E3 message. I had to wait weeks for a new CD player from the factory before they could change it out with a new one.

Old 11-12-2005, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

That sux dude. That's why I don't like these multi disc head units. They just aren't reliable yet. My sentra has a good stereo unit in it. The speakers are all factory the head unit pioneer and 2 subs in back with 10's. I bet before the next year is over you'll be able to stick an aftermarket head unit in there.