4th Generation This includes all Eclipses built in 2006 and 2007.

What wax is best?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 07:54 PM
Default What wax is best?

What are you using on you new 2006 to wax it up like it was on the showroom floor?

Old 10-13-2005, 09:07 PM
Default RE: What wax is best?

Well I ahve come fond of meguires next gen wax "synethic polymer" makes it a nice deep color, I have used mothers, zimol, 3m liquid way, marykate poilshing wax, woody wax, and thing of that nature. I like the next gen b/c its an easy application b/c their is no carnuba to make it get really hard. So you can apply it, take a nap, take a ****, go for a run around the block, take another nap, then rub it in and it will be like you just applyed it.

Old 10-14-2005, 01:15 AM

I LOVE the Meguire's Gold Class paste. Has a great luster. It's harder work because it is a paste(also comes in liquid). I only work by hand. Have only used Meguire's products on both street rods and my other vehicles. I detail cars on the side and it is the best way to impress customers. A gloss they did't think was possible on a car that is not waxed regularly. Buy the paste, nothing good comes easy.

Old 10-14-2005, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator

I dunno about that paste thing. I detail interiors and I like the Meguires Nxt Gen cockpit shine I would like to thinkk that thier wax would hold up to that standard as well.

Old 10-14-2005, 09:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

I dunno about that paste thing. I detail interiors and I like the Meguires Nxt Gen cockpit shine I would like to thinkk that thier wax would hold up to that standard as well.
firedoc is right the paste is nasty good but I am too lazy for all of that work thats why I like the next gen.

Old 10-14-2005, 11:47 AM

Any wax would do just make sure it has carnuba wax in it. When I have my old truck painted that is what the shop told me.

Old 10-14-2005, 02:33 PM

I don't think anyone was referring to interiors Sanguinius.

Old 10-14-2005, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Firedoc if you read the WHOLE post I wrote I said that I didn't know about EXTERIOR wax but have found the NXT to be great on interior so I would figure they'd have the same quality on thier EXTERIOR products. Reread my previous post THOROUGHLY before critisizing me please. Thank you.

Old 10-14-2005, 05:18 PM

Oh yeah.....Real Clear.

Old 10-14-2005, 08:44 PM

ORIGINAL: 99clipsgst

Any wax would do just make sure it has carnuba wax in it. When I have my old truck painted that is what the shop told me.
The next gen wax from meguires has a synthetic polymer in it... its better then carnuba, deeper shine, lasts longer, applys easier. I work for a boat store and I have talked to a company rep from meguires about all the different kinds of waxes and what not. Carnuba is old school turtule wax crap.

Quick Reply: What wax is best?