Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

97 Galant ES - Need Audio in So Cal (OC/ IE) NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 06:56 PM
Default 97 Galant ES - Need Audio in So Cal (OC/ IE) NOW!

Hi Everyone,

I own a 97 Galant ES that came with the stock AM/FM, Cassette Audio System (it also was CD capable without the actual player) with 6 speakers. It was recently in the shop and the folk there disconnected the unit rendering it unusable – Yep, the code issue!

Anyway, I was toying with my options. Should I fork out the fees for removing the unit and getting the code from ‘Mis’ OR should I just replace the unit entirely with a 3 in 1 system and some new speakers? Obviously the latter option would be more expensive, but I’m leaning that way because the shop damaged the storage bay below the radio (that’s where the additional CD unit would have gone).

I’ve stated all this to see if anyone seeing this can recommend a great model of 3 in 1 model that will fill that space in my console? If you could recommend an installer in Southern California, that would be awesome! Right now, I’m driving the Freeways in So Cal with no tunes and it’s too quiet. So please folks, help a dude out over here. I don’t want to get something just because it’s ‘good enough’ or due to desperation. Hit me back.

Ray