Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Oops, left my sunroof open during a rain and now my audio is messed up

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Default Oops, left my sunroof open during a rain and now my audio is messed up

Hello all. I have a massive problem on my hands with my 07 Outlander with the MMCS, nav system, and Rockford Fosgate speakers.

I left my sunroof open and there was a pretty bad rain downpour that night. Ever since, my audio unit is not right. When I start the car, I am immediately greeted a heavy dose of engine noise coming out of my front passenger door speaker. The the audio then kicks in out of all the other speakers BESIDES the front passenger door speaker. Then about 60 second or so after, the entire audio cuts out in all the speakers and the sub. In addition to the audio, the beep sound that is made when pressing a button on the MMCS no longer works.

It should be noted that nothing else electronically is wrong. The display on the MMCS, A/C, heated seats, etc. are all working fine.

I pulled the door panels off both the driver side and front passenger doors and switched the speakers only to find the same result, so it was not that particular speaker that was damaged. I also checked the radio fuse and it looks okay.

Any ideas, help, or anything would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:27 PM

The main amplifier is under the driver seat on the floor.

It and connectors got flooded

Old 08-13-2012, 02:52 PM

Thanks for the info!

Anything I can do to remedy it? Am I stuck buying a new amp?

Old 08-13-2012, 03:05 PM

First thing is to make sure it is dry inside and all the connector are dry also (then you can panic).

Water can puddle and remain inside and in the connectors as well.

I cannot offer more, an electronic shop is a better choice or another amp if you find one in a salvage yard.