Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

capacitors and such

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Default capacitors and such

alright, in the process of building the enclosure for my subs, once i get it done im going to be installing all my stuff. i need some help on what i need to make sure my car doesn't die or blow up or anything lol. heres whats gonna be in it.
2 premier amps 2000watts max (1 per sub)
2 premier subs 2500 watts max
1 pioneer amp 600 watts max (speakers)
2 6x9 pioneer speakers 230watts max
2 6.5 pioneer speakers 260watts max

and at the moment i have a jvc head unit, but that'll be changed when i get the money.

so as i said earlier, i need some help. any of you audio techies know what i need (capacitors, resisters, idk lol) should i get an equalizer? what. let me know.

thanks in advance

~kenny

Old 08-11-2005, 08:59 AM
Default RE: capacitors and such

First of all, are you familiar with hooking up your stereo? IE... hooking up your amps and subs

Old 08-12-2005, 11:08 AM

actually no i'm not. never done it before. i installed new speakers in the front and back, and my hu. but other than that i've never done anything like that.

Old 08-12-2005, 02:54 PM

Instead of giving us max. Give us RMS wattage so we can tell if everything is going to match up good. I personally don't think a cap is going to be needed because if your not running a high wattage system and using a 30 plus farad cap I don't see a point. You probabaly better off using another battery first and then consider a cap. But until I know what your RMS is going to be you may not need it at all.

Old 08-12-2005, 02:55 PM

ohh your also going to need a wiring kit but give us that rms totals first.

Old 08-13-2005, 01:32 PM

putting that much load all to your origional batter and atlernator can drain your battery if you are taking to much power. i would suggest swapping your alternator. they aren't that expensive but if you have to have somebody put it in, it can be...

Old 08-15-2005, 03:13 AM

I believe he is using 2 Pioneer Premier PRS-D3000SPL amps, each one is a mono amp rated at 500 watts at 4 ohms and 1000 watts at 2 ohms, this is the continous power rating for these amps. He is also using the TS-W2502 SPL sub woofers. Each is a dual voice coil of 2 ohms, he can not run them at 1 ohm because the amp will not handle the load, he will have to make a 4 ohm load out of the subs which will give him 500 watts per channel. If you could go back and trade your subs, Pioneer also mades that very sub in a dual 4 ohm coil that would give you 1000 watts per channel when hooked up in parallel.*** (TS-W2504SPL)*** Getting back to your amps, each amp can have it's outputs joined together (Externally bridged) to get 2000 watts of continous power at 4 ohms, maybe something you can use down the road. These are very large powerful amps, you may need a cap or aftermarket alternator if your power is getting sucked down. This is not a system you won't to learn on, you may need to ask for assistance. I guessing you know about large power and ground cables, fuses and power blocks, crossovers, series and parallel hook ups on the subs.

I would get an Equalizer just because it's fun to play with
Good luck on your install, it should be a strong system

Old 08-15-2005, 03:11 PM

Yeah if these amps are sucking that much juice I would suggest a HO alty. Sounds like a damn good system.

Old 08-16-2005, 12:23 AM

sorry it took so long, my comp went down for a few days...

the subs: Watts Nominal Power Handling 800 Watts
the amps for the subs: Continuous Power (4 ohm) 500 Watts x 1
Continuous Power (2 ohm) 1000 Watts x 1
the amp for the speakers: Continuous Power (4 ohm) 60W x 4
Continuous Power (2 ohm) 75W x 4
Continuous Power Bridged (4 ohm) 150W x 2

Old 08-17-2005, 11:14 AM

Too much for me... The biggest stereo I have had is a 15" Memphis Mojo (competition series) With the matching Memphis 1000/1 amp that ran at 1 ohm stable. It was LOUD. Now I have my 2 12" Alpine type-s subs and my 300/1 Alpine V-12 amp (digital readout for degrees in F and C, Amperage, and Voltage) I like this set-up a lot. You can see both of these stereo's in my cardomain acct. in my signature

Quick Reply: capacitors and such